• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Flem274*

123/5
So if all of them then which bowler gets dropped?
True. Pfft, talk about digging a hole by picking the wrong players.

Thommo should be ahead of Diremanti for a start.

Anyway, I doubt we will win this, and the batting has been an absoute disgrace. Beamers for all bar Taylor so far in the nets.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
True. Pfft, talk about digging a hole by picking the wrong players.

Thommo should be ahead of Diremanti for a start.

Anyway, I doubt we will win this, and the batting has been an absoute disgrace. Beamers for all bar Taylor so far in the nets.
err what were Aus at this point?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I won't give up yet, I have high hopes for Broom.

Agree about the batting effort so far though. One of our worst in my memory.

mccullum42

School Boy/Girl Captain

Yeah neither - but only because I have no work tomorrow morning, and I also have hopes for broom

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, they really look it.
Patel looked good tried to take wickets but was unsuccessful, and if you are arguing that Elliott is better you are smoking what Perms given ya.

Fulton is a better batsman, just needs to remember it, isn't like Elliott played any better than him.

Flem274*

123/5

Obv. Broom hasn't earnt a beamer yet.

Ryder coming back won't change anything drastically though, he has a criminal record in List A and ODIs of getting a start then getting out. Better in tests. The problem is the consistent guys (Guptill, Taylor, Broom) are mostly inexperienced and in this innings have not found the gaps. The Australians have come out firing, just like we did in England when we staggered to 180 odd.

_Ed_

Fulton is a better batsman, just needs to remember it, isn't like Elliott played any better than him.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I'm a fan of Elliott, but he really disappointed me today. The situation was perfectly suited to his style of batting and he let us down.

Flem274*

123/5
Patel looked good tried to take wickets but was unsuccessful, and if you are arguing that Elliott is better you are smoking what Perms given ya.

Patel bowls five dot balls and a four ball. He's capable of bowling well, but quite bluntly, doesn't.

The Peter Fulton of 2007 and before was our best ODI batsman, but this version has no timing and has forgotten his precise footwork.

In short, I'm really, really annoyed.

_Ed_

Must be more than 11 Australian fielders out there tbh. Where are the gaps?

mccullum42

School Boy/Girl Captain
Patel bowls five dot balls and a four ball. He's capable of bowling well, but quite bluntly, doesn't.

The Peter Fulton of 2007 and before was our best ODI batsman, but this version has no timing and has forgotten his precise footwork.

Agree, who is the best replacement then? I would have to go Craig Cumming as he is over there and consistent as at the moment

Athlai

Not Terrible

Harsh on Patel who got hit for a few risky sixes which spiked his economy.

And even half a Fulton is better than Elliott IMO.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tough for NZ from here, they'll want to get ahead of the rate a bit while Hussey and Clarke are getting through their overs, given the short batting lineup.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmm, Hussey on. Would rather just have Clarke bowl a full quota, but I suppose you can get through their ten more quickly if they bowl in tandem. Still think it's a bad idea though - need to be threatening from at least one end at all times when defending 180 IMO.