• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For the few who don't already know...

England 414 all out.

McLean 3-51, Wallace 3-149, Jaggernauth 2-87.

West Indies 'A' 16-0.

Barath 13, Powell 1.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Apparently Wallace bowled well so that's good to know. Jaggernauth outfoxing Pietersen as well.

Uppercut

Hmm, England were all out for about 414. From what i hear Shah got a stinker of an LBW decision.

WI A batting again
Apparently Sammy got a rough one in the 1st innings, so it's all even now. :cool:
Haha, i reckon it's all part of my aforementioned West Indian plot, which involved the dropping of Bellend on 49 and bribing the umpire to give Shah a dodgy one, to ensure that Bellend plays the first test.

Uppercut

Indeed.

Anyway, realllly looking forward to this series. Matches in the West Indies are on at fantastic times for us in the UK (hours of play 2.30pm to 10pm) so there'll be a lot of beer-cricket combos coming up. Hoping for a good series.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Indeed.

Anyway, realllly looking forward to this series. Matches in the West Indies are on at fantastic times for us in the UK (hours of play 2.30pm to 10pm) so there'll be a lot of beer-cricket combos coming up. Hoping for a good series.
Yeah, love caribbean tours. You can get a very decent amount of play in even without having days off work. Or skiving off lectures for the tax-dodging fraternity...

Anyway, this is how I think we'll line up (rather than who I'd pick):

Strauss*
Cook
Bell
(groan)
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior+
Broad
Sidebottom
Harmison
Panesar

Harsh on Jimmy & Owais, but selectors are an inherently conservative bunch.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
West Indian tours are a bit of a killer for me. I will struggle to make it through to the second session.

shivfan

Banned
Got carted though. Had lots of spin but needs some more control.
A friend of mine was at Warner Park, and he feels that Wallace needs a little more patience, which will probably come with experience....

After a couple of seasons with Jamaica, that will probably come. Either way, he's a better spinner than Benn!
:wacko:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll be surprised if England don't pick the side that played in the last warm up, but with Flintoff replacing Bell.

They tend to play as near as possible to their Test XI in the final warm up match.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll be surprised if England don't pick the side that played in the last warm up, but with Flintoff replacing Bell.

They tend to play as near as possible to their Test XI in the final warm up match.
Can't believe that they'll leave out Bell

His rat-like face seems to fit whatever higher plan the selectors are working towards