• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I have no real problem with you or what you're doing, have a close friend who does the same because he couldn't stand Warne, Hayden etc, but honestly, could you stop the trolling? It's doing my head in, there's absolutely no reason for it. Why not just act like any other South African (or whatever side is playing Australia) supporter instead?

Just doesn't make sense. I guess I should expect a "I'm a true Aussie blah blah" post in reply, but anyway.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have no real problem with you or what you're doing, have a close friend who does the same because he couldn't stand Warne, Hayden etc, but honestly, could you stop the trolling? It's doing my head in, there's absolutely no reason for it. Why not just act like any other South African (or whatever side is playing Australia) supporter instead?

Just doesn't make sense. I guess I should expect a "I'm a true Aussie blah blah" post in reply, but anyway.
He's the polar opposite of sideshowtim really. Would be hilarious to bring him back so these two could go at it for a bit.

Unless sst really is back :ph34r:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
^^ Bitter. :p

Not like the rest of the bowling attack was covering themselves in glory this series - Bracken took two wicktes at 90 a piece! - so slating the guy who's the fifth bowler bits'n'pieces guy isn't really fair.

Was talking specifically about his bowling, people have generally been ok with his batting, albeit thinking that he's batting out of position.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not like the rest of the bowling attack was covering themselves in glory this series - Bracken took two wicktes at 90 a piece! - so slating the guy who's the fifth bowler bits'n'pieces guy isn't really fair.
But that's the whole point isn't it? He wasn't the 5th bowler in this series, he was the 4th at the least, was always brought on first or second change and always bowled his ten. He didn't bowl anywhere near well enough to not be seriously worried about his spot in the side, though there's pretty much no-one left in the cupboard.

Ernest

U19 12th Man

Well I am, but why doesn't it make sense may I ask?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Well I am, but why doesn't it make sense may I ask?
You are what? You're certainly not acting like anything other than a blatant troll out to piss Australians off for no reason other than that they don't like to lose. No South African fans have done this, they've been quite pleasant tbh.

social

I don't buy it.

You're the one who sounds like a tool. There is a difference between being gracious in defeat and being spiteful towards your team for losing. Social is the former while you are the latter.
Thanks for the support mate but I'm hardly gracious in defeat - more a realist

If a team doesn't pick their best players, plays poorly, gets outplayed or simply doesnt have the personnel, then dont make any excuses

SA played well and won

Oz played poorly and lost

End of story for this summer

Ernest

U19 12th Man
You are what? You're certainly not acting like anything other than a blatant troll out to piss Australians off for no reason other than that they don't like to lose. No South African fans have done this, they've been quite pleasant tbh.
I am a true blue 100% Aussie. I'm not out to piss any Australians off just to show a different side to the national character than the one-eyes jingoists that haunt these types of forums.

I love my cricket and Australia hasn't been good for it over the last 13 years. So I'm cheering for the end of the tyrants. And back to equal competative cricket.

That's it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Number 1. :)
Aussies win on Sunday and they go back to Number 1.

So much for the build up to this game that it had 'great' importance. South Africans will only just be coming through arrivals at Oliver Tambo as Australia go back to the top.

social

They aren't my team mate. I've been going for England since 2004.

My wife says that when Ponting retires I will probably go for Australia again. Until then I will cheer every defeat as proudly as I can.
You are simply talking crap because, with the exception of the last few years, Oz has comfortably been the worst behaved team in the world since at least '72 and, if the truth be known, since WW2

In other words, you're either a troll or the Neil Harvey of cricketweb

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
But that's the whole point isn't it? He wasn't the 5th bowler in this series, he was the 4th at the least, was always brought on first or second change and always bowled his ten. He didn't bowl anywhere near well enough to not be seriously worried about his spot in the side, though there's pretty much no-one left in the cupboard.
Moises! :cool:

Ernest

U19 12th Man
You are simply talking crap because, with the exception of the last few years, Oz has comfortably been the worst behaved team in the world since at least '72 and, if the truth be known, since WW2

In other words, you're either a troll or the Neil Harvey of cricketweb
72? Do you even know what you are talking about? And the comment about WW2 well mate you really have lost the plot. Mark Taylor was a great captain and didn't tolerate the terrible stuff that Ponting engendered.

May as well say Aus cricket has been bad since Warwick Armstrong asked a spectator who they were playing in the 20/21 series against England.

Mate read some books. We were always respected until only recently.