• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Redbacks

International Captain
We really struggled to play Botha in the middle overs. At one stage using hawkeye they showed an over of his where the 6 balls pitched at different lengths yet all got to the batsman at roughly the same height. In terms of shot selection, that type of bowling would be very difficult to play with certainty.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
I BACKED SA and CONGRAGULATED SA!

TBH, you're coming across as the guy who never walked in his life but now criticises the current team for not walking because you've had moral elightenment post-retirement

Sad really
Still playing mate and still walking :)

I just feel sorry for one-eyed Australian fans like you. Should get geared up for the footy season.. haven't got much else for you sport wise.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Rotational policy dictated that rights to 2011 went to someone else, BCCI then flexed "current" (too bad the other members didnt wait a few months as India's economy is now toast) financial" muscle to change entrenched system - not a state secret btw

Chances of India winning inside subcontinent - excellent

Chances of India winning outside subcontinent - bugger all
Chances of Australia winning in India? Bugger all

Chances of Australia winning at home? Bugger all.. :laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hoped the South African supporters would take this with a bit more grace. Guess I can't blame you. :p

Huge well done to South Africa. Outplayed us in every department and not even with their captain or best cricket imo. Fantastic series and tour by them, so impressed.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Huge well done to South Africa. Outplayed us in every department and not even with their captain or best cricket imo. Fantastic series and tour by them, so impressed.
This. Well done Proteas on the win and on the world number 1 for ODIs...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still playing mate and still walking :)

I just feel sorry for one-eyed Australian fans like you. Should get geared up for the footy season.. haven't got much else for you sport wise.
The difference between you and me is that I WANT Australia to win but am realistic enough to know when WE'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

You just want your country to lose because it makes you feel better

That's friggin' sad

Ernest

U19 12th Man
The difference between you and me is that I WANT Australia to win but am realistic enough to know when we're not good enough

You just want your country to lose

That's friggin' sad
No what's sad is that your only comeback is the 2011 wc? You sound like a tool.

I've wanted us to lose for years.. we stopped acting like Aussies years ago.

We might start again fresh page soon so real Aussies can be proud of their team again. There is more to this game than winning at all costs.

Sorry that you don't qualify mate

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No what's sad is that your only comeback is the 2011 wc? You sound like a tool.

I've wanted us to lose for years.. we stopped acting like Aussies years ago.

We might start again fresh page soon so real Aussies can be proud of their team again. There is more to this game than winning at all costs.

Sorry that you don't qualify mate
I don't buy it.

You're the one who sounds like a tool. There is a difference between being gracious in defeat and being spiteful towards your team for losing. Social is the former while you are the latter.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
I don't buy it.

You're the one who sounds like a tool. There is a difference between being gracious in defeat and being spiteful towards your team for losing. Social is the former while you are the latter.
They aren't my team mate. I've been going for England since 2004.

My wife says that when Ponting retires I will probably go for Australia again. Until then I will cheer every defeat as proudly as I can.

pup11

International Coach
Australian averages

Only one bowler averaging under 40, and two batsman over 40, shows that no-one really got a grip of things.
Its kind of funny that two of the most ridiculed blokes (for their inclusion in the ODI side) Marsh and Hilfenhaus ended up being the best performers for Australia with bat and ball respectively, having said that though there performances aren't really anything to right home about.