• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might want to actually get a clue to be honest.
Well Marsh and Ponting are undropable. Putting aside the Warner experiment, M Hussey is undropable, Clarke has been injured. Our failure has been in the middle order, which has been D Hussey, White and Haddin. It's the first two that really haven't done their job. When they have made runs they've been too slow and haven't gone on.

Really looking forward to Symonds return. Will make such a difference.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully Tait plays on Sunday, this wicket was awesome and he could be a real handful. Morne was superb in patches tonight.

stephen

Hopefully Tait plays on Sunday, this wicket was awesome and he could be a real handful. Morne was superb in patches tonight.
To be fair, the bowler he should be replacing would be M Johnson. He's been poor in the ODIs he's played.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
don't bother with the troll, so bitter and twisted by Australia's recent run of success thinking that now is the time to shine and feel better. 2011 is when we are looking to get our best team together.
True.. keep your excuses sharp until then.. :laugh:

sammy2

Banned
Ponting shouldn't be playing so poor, 5 games and no century ? not even one six. Come on.This shouldn't be coming from a top player, you won't find changerpaul playing 3 innings without getting a century.
I'm very proud of SA tho, they really out played the Aussies.

pasag

RTDAS
Great stuff from SA, have been the goods all tour. They haven't been at their best which is what makes their comprehensive victories all the more incredible. Been a fantastic tour played in a great spirit with minimum drama and I can't wait till the return leg.

social

don't bother with the troll, so bitter and twisted by Australia's recent run of success thinking that now is the time to shine and feel better. 2011 is when we are looking to get our best team together.
Amazes me that people cant work this out

Oz wins the WC every time it's played because that's the only thing they've cared about in ODIs

They won the the Champions Trophy in a canter last time because they'd never won it

NO-ONE in this country will give a toss about recent ODI series so long as they win in 2011

Unfortunately, unlike the last decade, we're in a different position now - the team needs to win something

Personally, I believe India will win in 2011 because that's the way it's been set up but Oz definitely have potentially the most talented group of players IF they can ever get them on the field at the same time

Ernest

U19 12th Man

Oz wins the WC every time it's played because that's the only thing they've cared about in ODIs

They won the the Champions Trophy in a canter last time because they'd never won it

NO-ONE in this country will give a toss about recent ODI series so long as they win in 2011

Unfortunately, unlike the last decade, we're in a different position now - the team needs to win something

Personally, I believe India will win in 2011 because that's the way it's been set up but Oz definitely have potentially the most talented group of players IF they can ever get them on the field at the same time
Mate what amazes me is people like you.

Give credit where it is due. SA made us the whipping boy of international cricket and I say Hallejujah..

2011 is ages away. Just accept that we are at the West Indies level at the moment and it is good for cricket.

Maybe we might just beat New Zealand. But I advise that you don't put money on it.

stephen

I should say that I don't think that D Hussey's scores would be a problem. The real problem is that he's had around an 80 strike rate while only averaging 30 odd. And his average is only that good because of the first game where he scored a 50. When we really needed him to go on with it he's failed. If his strike rate had been closer to 100 and he'd been more required to do a final overs slog then it would be acceptable.

White has been terrible and needs to have his file marked NTPFAA.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
The mental edge we may have held over teams will certainly be fading, we haven't won an ODI series at home for a while, thus a win against NZ is important to restore a bit of confidence to the sqaud.

Losing Gilly and Hayden since the world cup is a major blow, to find more openers to consistantly put the opposition bowlers on the back foot and make them think, survival at under 6 an over, to now thinking wickets at 4-5 an over has reduced our ability to dominate early. Let's just hope Nielsen and the team are thinking 'what's the best strategy given the talent' rather than 'the old way worked let's stick to our guns'.

Precambrian

Banned

Flash news: Social uncovers BCCI led conspiracy to award WC winning rights to Team India.

pup11

International Coach
Dear o dear, glad i didn't watch a single ball of this game, so disappointing to see the team get drubbed in the ODI series like the way they have, but nonetheless hopefully this is going to help the team in the longer run and give a chance to work on its shortcomings.

social

Mate what amazes me is people like you.

Give credit where it is due. SA made us the whipping boy of international cricket and I say Hallejujah..

2011 is ages away. Just accept that we are at the West Indies level at the moment and it is good for cricket.

Maybe we might just beat New Zealand. But I advise that you don't put money on it.
I BACKED SA and CONGRAGULATED SA!

TBH, you're coming across as the guy who never walked in his life but now criticises the current team for not walking because you've had moral elightenment post-retirement

Sad really

pup11

International Coach
Great stuff from SA, have been the goods all tour. They haven't been at their best which is what makes their comprehensive victories all the more incredible. Been a fantastic tour played in a great spirit with minimum drama and I can't wait till the return leg.
Very well said, and its natural that almost every Aussie fan is disappointed at recent state of results, but lets give credit to South Africa, they were just too good for our team, and how fitting is it that their brilliant tour came full circle at the place where it all started so well for them.

social

Flash news: Social uncovers BCCI led conspiracy to award WC winning rights to Team India.
Rotational policy dictated that rights to 2011 went to someone else, BCCI then flexed "current" (too bad the other members didnt wait a few months as India's economy is now toast) financial" muscle to change entrenched system - not a state secret btw

Chances of India winning inside subcontinent - excellent

Chances of India winning outside subcontinent - bugger all