• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Precambrian

Banned
Brilliant from Duminy, has shown he can play virtually any innings.
AWTA. Terrific innings. The best part was that he hardly looked an iota ugly unlike Morkel. Just plain pick up and timing. The shot of the innings for me was the reverse sweep off Bracken by Botha, shutting up Healy's putrid mouth for atleast some time, and effectively mocking at the pace of Bracks.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Aus to win this easily. SA bowling is crap. You know you're in trouble when M Morkel is your spearhead.
Umm.. what about Albie?? Learn some more about cricket mate.

And Parnell is the spearhead here mate. Go and put some money on Australia hey?? :laugh:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brilliant from Duminy, has shown he can play virtually any innings.
Yeah, great stuff from Duminy.

But I think the comment Healy keeps making that no side has ever successfully chased a score this big at the WACA is a little misleading - NZ fell only about 10 short chasing 330-odd here in 06/07.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't that impressed with Duminy's innings tbh. When you bat the last ten overs including a batting powerplay, 3 fours and 3 sixes is good, but not awe-inspiringly destructive.

Some absolutely fantastic death bowling from Hilfenhaus, seems to have slipped the radar.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
But I think the comment Healy keeps making that no side has ever successfully chased a score this big at the WACA is a little misleading - NZ fell only about 10 short chasing 330-odd here in 06/07.
So in other words, it's not misleading at all.

Briony

International Debutant

And Parnell is the spearhead here mate. Go and put some money on Australia hey?? :laugh:
Don't people rate Morne at all? The Aussie guys say he's the most awkward to face even if Steyn is quicker.

Evermind

International Debutant
Would love to see Warner get a first ball duck.

Really like watching Gilchrist on the pitch - whatever he's doing. Absolute legend!

Precambrian

Banned
"Any team wants their guys at the top, at least someone, to make 100 and we haven't had a century made in this series so far," Ponting told AAP. "At the end of the day the buck does stop with me. I'm ultimately the one that is responsible and takes the flak if we lose and takes the credit if we win games."

"I felt I've batted really well in all four of these one-day games, but at the same time I felt I've left a lot of runs out there almost every time I've been out in the middle," he said.

"So I just want to finish off this series very strongly. I want to put in a good performance for myself and the team, and take a bit more responsibility than I have in the first four games."
:yawn: And cricinfo opened a new article altogether for those gems.

Evermind

International Debutant

WTF are you on? Crack would be too kind a suggestion. Albie and Morne have the same ODI bowling averages, and Morne is more economical.

Parnell is on ODI debut. How is he the spearhead?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My mother was crying fowl when Bracken was given the last over ahead of Hopes.

Interesting to see Australia chase for a change. Ponting seems like a much more successful captain when he loses the toss *cough*Edgebaston*cough*.