• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haddin is in a serious comfort zone.

It seems he has six poor knocks for every good knock.

Granted, he's just come into the side, but he's hardly an inexperienced cricketer.
I'd say he's a much, much better test batsman than ODI batsman. He's much more comfortable, from what I've seen, driving the ball into gaps than he is hitting the ball hard to the boundary.

heathrf1974

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What concerns me the most is the less experienced players in the Australian team (with the exception of Marsh) are not picking up the slack. The depth of Australian cricket is just not there.
However, on the brighter side South Africa lack depth as well but have had a pretty good run with injuries.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd say he's a much, much better test batsman than ODI batsman. He's much more comfortable, from what I've seen, driving the ball into gaps than he is hitting the ball hard to the boundary.
DWTA

The guy loves hitting to the boundary but he needs to be well set first which he doesn't often get the opportunity to do well down the order in ODI's. By no means a nurdler.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
As for the part regarding India's away record, England's most-recent-series away record consists of victories in Pakistan, West Indies, New Zealand and South Africa. That's better than India's.
England lost the last series they played in Pakistan 2-0.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DWTA

The guy loves hitting to the boundary but he needs to be well set first which he doesn't often get the opportunity to do well down the order in ODI's. By no means a nurdler.
Maybe that's it.

It's just that what i associate most with him is firm back-foot drives through the off-side or midwicket. Against the spinners he loves a big one over mid-on, i haven't seen much smacking the ball to the boundary of seamers.

That's not to say he can't though, just that he doesn't do it when i'm watching. The notion that players aren't suited to one form of cricket because people assume that the way they in another is the only way they can seriously pisses me off, so i'll say no more.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well with Clarke and Bracken back the side definately looks a lot stronger.

If only we had Lee and Symonds back we'd have an almost full strength unit. Throw in a fit Jaques at the top of the order and Watson at 7 and we would then be back to our dominating selves.

It has been a bit scarey the seeming lack of depth in Aus cricket. Though I don't think it has been as bad as we've made out, the Aus day game was disgraceful. I think that the team on Monday has a lot of promise and potential, but really played very poorly. That's ok though since even Tugga's team got thrashed on occasion.

howardj

International Coach
My spies in the West inform me that both Steyn and Ntini will be rested on Friday.

More information as it comes to hand...

pup11

International Coach
And Michael Hussey is happy about that...

"Hussey admitted the Aussie batsmen would be relieved at not having to face up to Dale Steyn and Makhaya Ntini.

“They, and in particular Steyn, were outstanding in the series and it will be nice to know we don’t have to face them,” he said."
He and his mates from the middle-order should be more concerned about playing Botha and Duminy, as they are the two, who have been causing the Aussies the maximum grief, though Warner would be pretty happy with this, without Nitini or Steyn in there, he has got a good chance of going ballistic if Parnell and Tsotsobe aren't upto the scratch.

pup11

International Coach
Haddin is in a serious comfort zone.

It seems he has six poor knocks for every good knock.

Granted, he's just come into the side, but he's hardly an inexperienced cricketer.
Haddin is obviously in this serious comfort zone because of the lack of any other viable option atm, had Luke Ronchi been making some runs in the ranger cup, then he might have pushed him a bit in the ODI's and T20's, but atm there is nobody who could really push Haddin for that spot, and that's really not a great thing.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Haddin is obviously in this serious comfort zone because of the lack of any other viable option atm, had Luke Ronchi been making some runs in the ranger cup, then he might have pushed him a bit in the ODI's and T20's, but atm there is nobody who could really push Haddin for that spot, and that's really not a great thing.
Ronchi inst good enough for Haddins spot. But Haddin isn't suited to coming in so late. We need to open with him.

Haddin
Marsh
Ponting
Dussey
Clarke
Hussey
Hopes

That should be our batting line-up imo.

pasag

RTDAS
And Michael Hussey is happy about that...

"Hussey admitted the Aussie batsmen would be relieved at not having to face up to Dale Steyn and Makhaya Ntini.

“They, and in particular Steyn, were outstanding in the series and it will be nice to know we don’t have to face them,” he said."
Real pity but you can't blame them. Played their best players when it mattered, unlike Australia. There's virtually no point for the game on Friday now from Australia's point of view.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ronchi inst good enough for Haddins spot. But Haddin isn't suited to coming in so late. We need to open with him.

Haddin
Marsh
Ponting
Dussey
Clarke
Hussey
Hopes

That should be our batting line-up imo.
Every time I see people calling for Haddin to open I feel like tearing my ears and eyes out.

Haddin has been much better in NSW every time he HASN'T opened. If anything he should be dropped down to number 4 while Clarke is absent. As that's no longer the case, 6 is the best spot for him. He just needs to lift his game.

Flem274*

123/5
Hopes
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Dussey
Mussey
Haddin
Johnson
Hilfy
Tait
Bracken

IMO. Not sold on Hopes but should give him a go in his best position. White can GAGF. The bowling is fragile but that can't be fixed until Lee and Clark are back.