• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
What's up with you Precamb? You got your panties in a bunch about me saying something about Warner yesterday, and now this over the top response to Stephen. He made a comment in direct response to an (inaccurate) comment by pup that both relevant and perfectly reasonable and you act like he's being a bore and/or talking out of his hat. Need to relax and stop assuming that everytime an Aussie fan makes a comment about an Aussie player - in the Aussie tour thread for pete's sake - that they are being boorish fanboys.

Btw I'd have Bracken in the top 10 Odi bowlers of all time without too much hesitation.
Hmmm, well his form since 05/06 definately makes him one of the best ever no doubt. But from what i've seen at their respective best combing similar superb new-ball & death bowling, i'd take Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar, Donald, Pollock, McGrath, Lee, Bond, Gough
ahead of him.

Plus some pre-90s bowlers like Garner & a few of his WI colleagues would be ahead of Bracks as well.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm, well his form since 05/06 definately makes him one of the best ever no doubt. But from what i've seen at their respective best combing similar superb new-ball & death bowling, i'd take Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar, Donald, Pollock, McGrath, Lee, Bond, Gough
ahead of him.

Plus some pre-90s bowlers like Garner & a few of his WI colleagues would be ahead of Bracks as well.
I'd take Garner over virtually anyone else in ODIs - quick, accurate, deadly yorker

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Kallis cant bowl his full allotment or is well below 100%, the game should be quite even again

pskov

International 12th Man
Looking at that Australian team, presumably Cameron White will be bowling his full complement? Good news for South Africa there. :laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
ahead of him.

Was Pollock that renowned for his death bowling?

Off the top of my head, can't recall him bowling there in the last WC. From memory, Smith looked for Pollock to get his 10 out of the way as soon as.

pasag

RTDAS
Warner pwned by Ntini big time. What a poor knock.

Marsh looked like tonning up for sure before throwing it away. Pretty disappointing start.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ponting and Hussey really need to make a ton each tbh. Even with that, our bowling attack will surely be belted. Hilf should go okay, who knows which Johnson will show up, but the rest - goodbye. :(