• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone know if any bookies are offering odds on Cousins playing a game of AFL before either injury or further drug/legal problems end his career?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Any tips on bargain buys for Dream Team this year? Only a couple of weeks till the NAB cup starts (albeit the first round drawn out over 3 weeks).

Reckon Ben Ross is a massive bargain, should be in the team from round 1. Jesse Smith also great value since he's over his injuries. Hmac a great ruck (obv alongside Cox).

reckon most people will have Rich in their side.

Hmm ours might look like

Gibson Grima Pratt
Urquhart Petrie Firitto
Wells, Harris, Smith
Jones Hansen Ross
Campbell Hale Thomas
McIntosh Harvey Simpson

Rawlings, Swallow, Harding, Goldstein

Rawlings should miss out (but he won't) unless there is someone worth tagging. Harding might struggle to stay in there and we might not play Goldstein with Petrie and Hale about to help out Hmac. Expecting the likes of Lower, Edwards, Power, Riggio, McMahon, Josh Smith, Greenwood, Zeibell, Leigh Adams, Anthony and Scott Thompson should be in the mix as well. Some tough selectorial decisions this year (which means Laidley will still pick Shannon Watt)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Love it when footy related sledging starts in the office before Australia Day. Today's effort from one of the guys was:
"What do Tasmanian virgins and Richmond Football Club have in common?"
"They'll end up being screwed by Cousins".

Champagne comedy!

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Any tips on bargain buys for Dream Team this year? Only a couple of weeks till the NAB cup starts (albeit the first round drawn out over 3 weeks).

Reckon Ben Ross is a massive bargain, should be in the team from round 1. Jesse Smith also great value since he's over his injuries. Hmac a great ruck (obv alongside Cox).

reckon most people will have Rich in their side.

Hmm ours might look like

Gibson Grima Pratt
Urquhart Petrie Firitto
Wells, Harris, Smith
Jones Hansen Ross
Campbell Hale Thomas
McIntosh Harvey Simpson

Rawlings, Swallow, Harding, Goldstein

Rawlings should miss out (but he won't) unless there is someone worth tagging. Harding might struggle to stay in there and we might not play Goldstein with Petrie and Hale about to help out Hmac. Expecting the likes of Lower, Edwards, Power, Riggio, McMahon, Josh Smith, Greenwood, Zeibell, Leigh Adams, Anthony and Scott Thompson should be in the mix as well. Some tough selectorial decisions this year (which means Laidley will still pick Shannon Watt)
It was on your recommendation I signed Urquhart up last season, actually. You bigged him up after his debut and I got him for a song. Value went up by over $100k afterwards. So belated ta for that.

Looking to better last year's Premlin Final appearance. Now I actually know a bit about what players do I hopefully won't have to waste so many transfers sorting my squad.

Josh

International Regular
Love it when footy related sledging starts in the office before Australia Day. Today's effort from one of the guys was:
"What do Tasmanian virgins and Richmond Football Club have in common?"
"They'll end up being screwed by Cousins".

Champagne comedy!
I heard that 2 days after the drafting, tbh.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Cannot wait till Cuz kicks 3 and has 30 touches against Collingwood :p
Given that will probably never happen, you probably can't wait that long. ;)

I, on the other hand, can't wait for all the people who bagged out Collingwood for pulling out of the Cousins chase to acknowledge that we were right and they were wrong when he either tears his hamstring again, or ****s up with the law again....

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
He's a complete fool..would be surprised if he's at the club next year, there's plenty of competition for the forward spots and he's giving them all a head start. He's always been a bit of a plonker.

Status
Not open for further replies.