• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pasag

RTDAS
Point has been made elsewhere, but this series so far has really shown an underappreciated element of Symonds' game, which is his ability to tailor an innings to the situation and give Australia a boost in the middle overs when wickets fall, as well as his finishing skills. Plus having Hussey at 6 below Clarke and Symonds feels a lot more comfortable than having him at 4.
Yeah spot on.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deserved win for South Africa, but oh my goodness Australia were poor. The selections of Hauritz and Tait are an absolute joke for mine, can not believe they are in the side. Hauritz simply isn't an International Player and Tait couldn't do a lap of the SCG to save his life. Not to mention his fielding. Johnson looked like a player who hasn't bowled since his last game, was shocking. And I can't believe Bracken did his around-the-wicket-slower-ball-lol trick after being awesome bowling as a genuine paceman. He should be bowling his slower ball once an over on average, not four or five times. And please stop going around the wicket to right-handers. :(

Bitterly disappointed here, wish I could select a side.
Bit harsh on Tait

He should've had 2 for nothing and that's what he is selected for

Johnners

Is White going to bowl Hopes's 10 overs too?
I know it's not Ideal in terms of bowling, but as I said, I think a lot of the teams problems atm are stemming from their inability to finish off an innings with the bat. Leaving an inexperienced/not quite match fit bowling attack trying to defend totals that are 30-50 runs shy of what they should be adds uneccesary pressure.

Having Clarke/White/The Husseys bowl 10 overs isn't ideal, but then neither is having Hopes batting at 7, a position he's clearly not suited to at international level. I wouldn't mind seeing them jig the middle order around so Mussey is back at 6 either. Perhaps moving Dussey & White to bat at 4 & 5 like the do for Victoria might be worth a try.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Just watching Warner today - it will be interesting to see what happens when he gets to play a bowling attack that isn't as good as South Africa's. He's always going to be a bit hit and miss IMO, but if he has a big night against one of the worse teams going around, records will be broken.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bit harsh on Tait

He should've had 2 for nothing and that's what he is selected for
Ponting pretty much has to use his bowling orders to suit Tait! Tait's a passenger, who's being treated like a fragile child. Tait can't field or bat or even bowl it where he wants half the time. If he gets match fit, then maybe.

I'm over players with hype, time to select proven Domestic Cricket performers.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tait has bowled okay in this series. Definitely true that he can't bat or field though, which is becoming a real problem. But used in short bursts he's been a good ODI bowler, especially in the first game. He's been more impressive purely as a bowler than say Hilfenhaus, for mine. As a complete package, maybe not. He's there to take wickets with the new ball and bowl short spells through the middle overs and try and break partnerships though, like he did in the WC. I just wish the guy could hold a catch.

social

Ponting pretty much has to use his bowling orders to suit Tait! Tait's a passenger, who's being treated like a fragile child. Tait can't field or bat or even bowl it where he wants half the time. If he gets match fit, then maybe.

I'm over players with hype, time to select proven Domestic Cricket performers.
Agreed

Attack for next game should be Lee, Clark, Siddle, Watson with Symonds and Clarke to share the final 10

Oh wait - they're all injured

Precambrian

Banned
Just watching Warner today - it will be interesting to see what happens when he gets to play a bowling attack that isn't as good as South Africa's. He's always going to be a bit hit and miss IMO, but if he has a big night against one of the worse teams going around, records will be broken.
Yet another one falls to Warnype.

stephen

Agreed

Attack for next game should be Lee, Clark, Siddle, Watson with Symonds and Clarke to share the final 10

Wait, since when is Siddle injured?

If so that's another annoying blow for Aus.

Precambrian

Banned
Need to get Hopes out asap. The guy was hugely responsible for Australia losing all the momentum between 30-40 overs. Utter crap batting and he doesnt know how the get the ball of the square against spin.

And it's time to revisit Ponting's comment in my signature. Replace India with Australia and we have a new reality.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bloody hell. Can't always expect Morkel to score 50 off 5 overs! J
Haha or can you?

I still can't understand why SA bat Albie down at 8. It's such a waste, for reasons pinpointed in the 2nd ODI. He should at least roam when they need accelaration.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Agreed

Lolz , u so funyy

There are plenty of cricketers who deserve a shot that you failed to mention.

Precambrian

Banned
Haha or can you?

I still can't understand why SA bat Albie down at 8. It's such a waste, for reasons pinpointed in the 2nd ODI. He should at least roam when they need accelaration.
Lol, well he just fell short. And agree he is better utility up the order. McKenzie is just a waste in ODI side. Even Philander adds better value.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Horrible call. The guy's just won 2 games by coming in at 8 and doing exactly what he's there for.

Read that again. Won 2 games. So how can you say that it's a bad strategy and a waste?

social

Lolz , u so funyy

There are plenty of cricketers who deserve a shot that you failed to mention.
Noffke - injured

Bollinger - apparently not to be selected

Nannes - Dutch

The only other guys that I could consider would be the likes of Geeves, Dorey, Magoffin etc and they dont look anything like international quality

The reality is that Oz is so beset by injuries that, of the current team, only Ponting, Hussey M, Haddin and Bracken would be guaranteed selection if we had a full complement available

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Tait has bowled okay in this series. Definitely true that he can't bat or field though, which is becoming a real problem. But used in short bursts he's been a good ODI bowler, especially in the first game. He's been more impressive purely as a bowler than say Hilfenhaus, for mine. As a complete package, maybe not. He's there to take wickets with the new ball and bowl short spells through the middle overs and try and break partnerships though, like he did in the WC. I just wish the guy could hold a catch.
And he should have had figures of 2-0 in his first over today, in which case he would have done precisely his job, and Australia most likely would have won the match.