• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Deserved win for South Africa, but oh my goodness Australia were poor. The selections of Hauritz and Tait are an absolute joke for mine, can not believe they are in the side. Hauritz simply isn't an International Player and Tait couldn't do a lap of the SCG to save his life. Not to mention his fielding. Johnson looked like a player who hasn't bowled since his last game, was shocking. And I can't believe Bracken did his around-the-wicket-slower-ball-lol trick after being awesome bowling as a genuine paceman. He should be bowling his slower ball once an over on average, not four or five times. And please stop going around the wicket to right-handers. :(

Bitterly disappointed here, wish I could select a side.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Very good performance from SA, must be said. Bowled really well after the early period and batted very well early in the chase and set it up. Australia's middle order performed pretty poorly again, and even though the bowling effort was decent, wasn't enough.

thierry henry

International Coach
Morkel turned the game, Australia were well in it. On the other hand, Australia are full of Australia C players in the middle order

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
White in for Hopes next match IMO. Hopes has done a good enough job with the ball, but he's a shocker down the order, and I think a lot of the teams problems have stemmed from the batsmen losing their way after 30.

I guess it's about time for Ernest to come on and have a whine about Ponting after the team loses a match.

thierry henry

International Coach
I agree with Bill Lawry, Johan Botha does look like Greg Chappell.....he is a very tall lad as well, like Greg.............but ffs, Johan should've been MOTM!

Days of Grace

International Captain
This game has really hit home the fact that Australia have come back to the field in a big way and that they no longer have any psychological advantage over opposing sides.

Could have easily been 3-0 if it wasn't for Bracken in the Game 2. Also thought South Africa got the timing of their chase way off in Hobart. It isn't good to rely too much on the final powerplay and do nothing leading up to it.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
White in for Hopes next match IMO. Hopes has done a good enough job with the ball, but he's a shocker down the order, and I think a lot of the teams problems have stemmed from the batsmen losing their way after 30.

I guess it's about time for Ernest to come on and have a whine about Ponting after the team loses a match.
Is White going to bowl Hopes's 10 overs too?

pasag

RTDAS
This game has really hit home the fact that Australia have come back to the field in a big way and that they no longer have any psychological advantage over opposing sides.

Could have easily been 3-0 if it wasn't for Bracken in the Game 2. Also thought South Africa got the timing of their chase way off in Hobart. It isn't good to rely too much on the final powerplay and do nothing leading up to it.
This game?!

As opposed to NZ chasing down two 300+ scores and SA one over 400? We've also lost the past two CB series at home, both whitewashed in the final. The side has been underperforming quite a bit though have done the job when it really matters (not to mention winning the ODI series in India and 5-0 against the WI were pretty good achievements as well).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually I'm wrong, Mitchell Johnson lost us this game with his terrible bowling. Our middle order was also a letdown.
Doesnt help when the team couldnt catch a cold - the game should've been all but out of SA's reach in the first over of their innings

Redbacks

International Captain
Add Symonds and Clarke to the side and our middle order becomes world class again, we need Roy to covert that total to 300+

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Point has been made elsewhere, but this series so far has really shown an underappreciated element of Symonds' game, which is his ability to tailor an innings to the situation and give Australia a boost in the middle overs when wickets fall, as well as his finishing skills. Plus having Hussey at 6 below Clarke and Symonds feels a lot more comfortable than having him at 4.

Hopes really isn't a number 7, but bowled pretty reasonably in the last two games. Hard to say what Australia should do there. Bringing White in and relying on Hussey/White for 10 overs is one option but that's not ideal either.

The best things in the series so far have been Bracken, Marsh, and Ponting's excellent captaincy. There's holes in most other parts of the team right now. Admittedly there's 4-6 first teamers missing each game, but the replacements aren't hacks. Definitely underperforming.

thierry henry

International Coach
This game?!

As opposed to NZ chasing down two 300+ scores and SA one over 400? We've also lost the past two CB series at home, both whitewashed in the final. The side has been underperforming quite a bit though have done the job when it really matters (not to mention winning the ODI series in India and 5-0 against the WI were pretty good achievements as well).
tbf, NZ chased down 5 300+ scores, for 3 wins and 2 losses