• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SA would have done better to collapse for 150 IMO.

You should not lose chasing 250 when you were in that position, with a powerplay in hand, Morkel at the crease against an inexperienced bowling line-up.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The "put all the eggs in the one basket" approach to the batting powerplay undid South Africa there one feels.

Should have been called when Kallis and de Villiers were looking settled.

pup11

International Coach
The mini-conferences Aussies were having in the middle of the over was hilarious, could have only made Hilfy a tad more nerveous, but well done to Hilf in the end.

MOTM: Nathan Bracken WAG

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Credit where it's due to the ICC - the batting powerplays have really livened these 2 games up

Thought Oz had forgotten how to win for a while there but in the end they got home albeit with plent of help from the bizarre tactics of SA

Briony

International Debutant
Morkel couldn't reproduce his magic.:dry:

Hard to win with a crab like McKenzie using up balls though.

Something_Fishy

School Boy/Girl Captain
I can't believe we made the same bloody mistake. We were lucky last time, but this time it cost us. I'd like to at least say I'm glad it happened 'cause we've learnt our lesson but the problem is South African cricketers don't think; never have, never will. It pisses me off becuase I know it is probably gonna happen again. :@

Briony

International Debutant
Duminy should bat at 4, I agree completely. Biggest find for SA this summer.
Yes, he was left with too much to do. And Morkel looks to be a decent enough batsmen. Why do they treat him like a tailender who is expected to face about 10 or 20 balls and get them home with a 20+ strikerate?

FFS why is McKenzie in a one day and T20 team? Has SA no depth?

pup11

International Coach
I think De Villiers should open with Gibbs and Duminy should bat at 4, and there is no way Albie Morkel should bat as low as he is batting atm.

There has also been a lot of talk about Johan Botha being pretty good with the bat, so is there a case for him to bat in the middle order?

Briony

International Debutant
I think De Villiers should open with Gibbs and Duminy should bat at 4, and there is no way Albie Morkel should bat as low as he is batting atm.

There has also been a lot of talk about Johan Botha being pretty good with the bat, so is there a case for him to bat in the middle order?
Botha's not a hitter,looks to be more an accumulator type but he has a good technique.

pup11

International Coach
Botha's not a hitter,looks to be more an accumulator type but he has a good technique.
They would do well to drop someone like McKenzie and make Botha bat in his place and pick either Parnell or Van Jaarsveld instead of him, McKenzie has the tendency to get stuck and suck all the momentum out of the innings, and that's not the kind of batsman you wat in your middle order.