• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Almost as impressive as the cricinfo commentary:

6.3 Doherty to Henriques, OUT, Henriques uses his feet and square drives over cover and Kockyear takes a good diving catch in the deep
MC Henriques c Lockyear b Doherty 42 (25b 7x4 1x6) SR: 168.00

Well - if he sticks around in Australia we'd be crazy not to consider the guy!

In just 29 first class games he has 6 five wicket hauls and one 10-fer. That goes alongside 3 centuries and 6 half-centuries.

He's certainly a "batting all-rounder" who isn't the greatest batsman - but looking at our current test squad, he's a better bowler than Macca, and has scored more centuries in 15 less first class games.

As a big hitter, he's probably more of a 1-day player: in that arena his awkward bowling action will cause problems to sloggers.
Err... am i missing something here? He can't play for Australia, he's only having a minor stint in the domestic arena for a bit of cash. Then, he would be heading back for the SL matches.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
With the bat, yeah. He's been statistically poor with the ball but every time I've seen him bowl he's had decent heat and drawn a decent amount of edge play.
Cool, thanks. I've been a bit bemused from afar this season why everyone's going so crazy over Henriques, signing him up to the IPL etc. I can understand Warner because he's had some amazing knocks which will have attracted people's attention.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
In One Dayers and Twenty20 I reckon opening with him might not be a bad idea. It will allow him to hit over the top and technique is good enough against the swing white ball. Hughes could also solve our 3/4 problem as well. Especially if Warner misses the next month or so playing ODIs.

He just needs one big innings to get some confidence at this level. He basically did the same thing with the bat at grade level for 2-3 seasons.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nathan Reardon MUST make the QLD Shield side.

I would even drop Martin Love to make way for him at 3.

Reardon has looked terrific in OD/2020 and hit a nice 100 in a 2 day match in Brisbane over the weekend.

Time for QLD to start picking a few young guns.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

Reardon has looked terrific in OD/2020 and hit a nice 100 in a 2 day match in Brisbane over the weekend.

Yep, agreed. :) Queensland have produced quite a few Australian cricketers recently - it's a bit weird to look at the side and not see any 'up-and-comings'.

pup11

International Coach

Reardon has caught my eye too, i first noticed him in a ranger cup game earlier in this season against the probably the Vics, he showed very good maturity for his age and struck the ball very cleanly too, seems like a good young talent and the Bulls should definitely pick him for the Shield games.

One more thing i wanted to ask, why is Chris Simpson the captain of the Queensland side, i had a look at his stats and there was nothing much to right home about, surely if there was nobody that good in the side, they could have made Hopes the captain of the side.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, agreed. :) Queensland have produced quite a few Australian cricketers recently - it's a bit weird to look at the side and not see any 'up-and-comings'.
Craig McDermott's boy, Alister has broken into their 20/20 side. He looked pretty decent in the game I saw against South Australia. Shame Lee Carseldine is the wrong side of 33 for he looks like a real star.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Reardon has caught my eye too, i first noticed him in a ranger cup game earlier in this season against the probably the Vics, he showed very good maturity for his age and struck the ball very cleanly too, seems like a good young talent and the Bulls should definitely pick him for the Shield games.

One more thing i wanted to ask, why is Chris Simpson the captain of the Queensland side, i had a look at his stats and there was nothing much to right home about, surely if there was nobody that good in the side, they could have made Hopes the captain of the side.
I'll be very disappointing if he's not in the XI for the next match, was so pleased to read that he made 101 in Club Cricket over the weekend.

Yeah Chris Simpson is a strange one, I genuinely wish him the best, but he's just not a very good first class cricketer.

To be honest, I think he is a more than handy ODI and Twenty20 player and his captaincy looks decent really, so yeah shorter format no worries, longer format - he needs more consistent performances.

Lucky that QLD's Shield campaign is going quite decently, or as I predicted at the start of the Summer, Simpson would have done a Nathan Adcock by now.

pup11

International Coach
Really impressive from the Crayfish tonight.
Yeah he is kind of having a pretty good T20 torunament, especially for a bloke who wasn't even considered good enough for his state OD side, he might have very well earned himself a decent IPL contract on the back of these performances.

Btw why didn't Hughes played today?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig McDermott's boy, Alister has broken into their 20/20 side. He looked pretty decent in the game I saw against South Australia. Shame Lee Carseldine is the wrong side of 33 for he looks like a real star.
Oh yeah... Lee Carseldine - I was hoping he might get some cheap IPL gig and I might get to see him play on TV.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm glad to see there's more resting going on... it's almost becoming a bit like football.

Better than your injury-prone allrounder bowling 174 overs in less than two months... daft thing. :)