• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand team 1998 - 2008

Craig

World Traveller
:laugh: :laugh:

At least Zoysa singlehandedly won a match against Australia with the bat and the ball. I do agree, however, that we'd lacked depth in the fast bowling department in the past and NZ have probably produced better seamers such as Bond. But in the present, NZ are in a huge predicament when seamers such as Ian O' Brien are used as opening bowlers. On the otherhand, names such as Malinga, Amerasinghe, Prasad, Fernando (used to be completely **** but improving at a rapid rate), and even Kulasekara seem like the greatest bowlers of all time in comparison to NZ's crop of bowlers. Mendis has Patel covered quite comfortably.

Unfortunately i'm restricted into reinforcing the truth about NZ's place at international level but i hope they can manage to win a game or two in order to avoid any embarrassment.
Have you even watched Iain O'Brien bowl lately in Tests? He has been bowling quite well of late.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richardson
Fleming*
Astle
Taylor
Cairns
Oram
McCullum+
Vettori
Franklin
Nash
Bond

Not too up on NZ cricket, itbt.
I'd prefer Lou Vincent opening to Fleming. At least that way you're not losing your best middle-order batsman.

illmatic

Cricket Spectator
i wonder if mendis will bowl well outside sub continent.. but he's got the bowling averages to have.. 9.82 in ODDI.. but i guess 8 of his 18 games were against BD, ZIM, and UAE.. but still thats sick average to have

hopefully elliot can keep that average up too so he can be more superior to mendis becoz elliot averages 60 wit the bat as well

illmatic

Cricket Spectator
hahahah coz mendis was just playin a international match while ur postin nonsense here..

not rocket science

and also

Martin Guptill >>>>>>>>>> DPMD Jayawardene