• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, i love Shaun Tait. I'd forgotten there was something out there faster than Mitchell Johnson/Dale Steyn type pace.

Flem274*

123/5
Can't see Tait ever being more than decent/good if he doesn't learn to consistently bowl good line and lengths tbh. His greatest asset, unpredictability, is also his greatest weakness (the ability to piechuck). However, it would be silly to write off a guy with his pace and swing. If he can manage 3/45 instead of 3/65 etc in ODIs he'd be so much better.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched a replay of the game and whilst Tait was unbelievable (best player I've seen is Kallis and he was reduced to a mere mortal) so was Duminy

Great entertainment really

krkode

State Captain
Was just watching the highlights... anyone notice how Warner's shots were almost exclusively leg side? Just thought that was odd... I didn't watch the full game, but couldn't they adjust line against him or something?

And did Dale Steyn have a moustache? :p

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can't see Tait ever being more than decent/good if he doesn't learn to consistently bowl good line and lengths tbh. His greatest asset, unpredictability, is also his greatest weakness (the ability to piechuck). However, it would be silly to write off a guy with his pace and swing. If he can manage 3/45 instead of 3/65 etc in ODIs he'd be so much better.
He certainly won't make the Test side as he is.

However, he's an extremely dangerous limited overs bowler.

Simon

Really hope Warner proves to be the real deal in OD cricket, could revolutionise the game if its the case. If he comes off even once every five innings we could be looking at regular scores of around 380 and then I think we'll see other countries do it as well.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You just dont get it do you?

Oz had YEARS to prepare for the current rash of retirements and didnt

The current sdministration have been in place for YEARS and have done nothing but sit on their collective bums

20/20 has been played for YEARS and Oz are still novices

As far as the 20/20 tonight is concerned, 9 an over with 10 wickets against a 2nd string attack should be achievable but .....

I could go on but what is the point?

Some people are happy with mediocrity - I'm not and you are
Australia won, by a pretty comfortable margin.

Wait, I mean...

Oh noes the sky is falling on our heads!

Uppercut

Apparently not, must have been someone else. My bad.

Not that a lack of off-side shots matters, as Kevin Pietersen and Viv Richards will testify.

howardj

International Coach
Like making 300 in an ODI, making 180+ in T20 is very do-able if you bat first, but extremely hard if you have to chase it. Anyway, this is a damn big call, but I don't think Mr Cricket has any business being in our T20 team. He just doesn't cut it in this side; in this form of the game.