• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Athlai

Not Terrible
I wonder how many NZings will complain about WI given 6rpo to win when NZ was never at that stage.
I hate rain reduced matches and it suits Gayle's style of play to have less overs at a higher run rate IMO. Yet 40 overs isn't so bad and this is still a relatively fair contest, if we can get Gayle soon the game should be ours.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yet if he was wearing an Australian jumper you'd say he was the next world beater 8-)

Can't we be happy that we have a century from a New Zealander on debut FFS?

btw, gun side that was back in 1999/2000. Styris batting at 10 and Vettori at 11 :laugh:
Not really. Broom looked good out there. Also, not too convinced by McDonald who just debuted for Australia and if one read my posts in the Australia v South Africa tour thread my dislike of the Aussies would be evident. for different reasons than you though.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Craig Spearman, the Sinclair of the late 90's. Man watching all those great bouncers being called for no balls really does make me cringe. So glad they brought in the one bouncer per over rule.

Given the forecast for Napier it looks like this series could wind up being 1-1 after what, for the most part, has been the best summer in the past few years.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think this Guptill-bashing is a little bit mean-spirited. Can't we be excited that a young guy has scored a ton on his debut?

ODI centuries aren't really in abundance for us - the most any NZ batsman has managed is 16. So it's pretty awesome that a really promising player has started off with one IMO.