• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haddin's glove-work needs some improvement, especially when he is keeping upto the stumps, his dropped catch of Duminy of the bowling of Hauritz could have proved a very costly miss, even though that was a tough catch, you expect an international keeper to grab those sort of chances.
Yeah but I'm not 100% sure of his usual standard of keeping, was this just a poor series?

pup11

International Coach
ponting was not comfortable at all during the series did have one good inngs amla though didn't carry on to score big did look in good form
You might have been watching some other series then, because from what i saw, once Ponting got off the blocks, there was no stopping him.

Chimpdaddy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Fantastic game. And Graeme Smith, what a legend. To come out at no.11 with two injuries to save the game shows what a true champion he is. At one point, I kinda wanted SA to save the game just for Smith's sheer grit and determination.

Great contest. In my mind they are the number one team, followed closely by India and then Australia.

Now onto the 20/20's!

-Chimpdaddy-

pup11

International Coach
Yeah but I'm not 100% sure of his usual standard of keeping, was this just a poor series?
At the domestic level his glove-work was considered pretty sound, but at the international level he has toiled pretty hard, he broke his fingers while keeping in his first test series, had a shocking time of it in India behind the sticks, and in this series too he has been a bit untidy, every now and then.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah also seemed to leak a lot of byes against us Kiwi's.

Probably not on the same tier as the McCullum's and Boucher's of the world.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pattat0's Series XI -

Smith (capt)
Katich
Amla
de Villiers
Clarke
Duminy
Haddin (wk)
Johnson
Steyn
Siddle
Harris
Kallis in for Amla IMO. They were probably about equal on batting - both looked good, got starts, made important contributions but failed to get a really big score - but Kallis also chipped in with important wickets and it'd give the team 5 bowlers. Agree with the rest of the team though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Kallis in for Amla IMO. They were probably about equal on batting - both looked good, got starts, made important contributions but failed to get a really big score - but Kallis also chipped in with important wickets and it'd give the team 5 bowlers. Agree with the rest of the team though.
Dunno, Amla averaged a good 15 runs more, was consistent throughout the series. Hussey's bowling average was 22, Duminy's was 14 if you're worried about a fifth bowler. (face)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can anyone else see a controversy over McDonald' catch to dismiss Kallis today?
Nah, Kallis asked if McDonald caught it cleanly, McDonald wasn't sure and it was referred to the 3rd umpire who adjudicated Kallis out. Where's the controversy?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'd go for:

Smith (c)
Katich
Ponting
Kallis
Clarke
Duminy
Haddin (wk)
Johnson
Steyn
Siddle
Harris

Could go either with either Amla or de Villiers instead of Kallis at 4. I think Amla's series was a little more consistent, but AB scored the century in Perth. I prefer the 5th bowling option though, and Kallis did a pretty decent job with the ball throughout the series, even though his batting wasn't the greatest.

Rest of the side picks itself IMO. Don't really see the justification for having Ntini in there, I think he had a pretty poor series in general, Harris was much better. If you don't want to pick Harris, pick Morkel.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great end to the series, Johnson’s ball was magic, would have taken a fit Graeme Smith out. It was some effort from Johnson considering his toe and his previous over to Smith where ridiculously he got booed. He should have been MOTM, got an invaluable sixty odd in the first innings and then took out South Africa’s best batsman out. Siddle got some reverse and struck it rich with the tailenders and a slogging Boucher.

Highlight of the test aside from Smith coming back out to bat was Makhaya Ntini dispatching Haurtiz down the ground twice and then padding him away like he knew what he was doing. It was awesome stuff from him and Steyn.

pasag

RTDAS
Cricket is a game of concentration, which is why we stop for a break at least once every two hours, reduces fatigue and sharpens your reflexes, it's the same out on the road, if you don't have a powernap when your're tired, you take your eye off the ball

and get caught out big time.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Smith
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
AB
Duminy
Boucher
Johnson
Siddle
Steyn
Harris

Unlucky for Haddin for he batted well but Boucher kept better and didn't make as many hollocks as Haddin did behind the stumps. Amla despite looking the business never did the business so Ponting bats at three for his one man show at Melbourne.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Smith
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
De Villiers
Duminy
Kallis
Haddin+
Johnson
Steyn
Harris

Thought Kallis was the third best bowler of the series, so sod it, he can be included at 7. Siddle unlucky to miss out.

Would love to squee