• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
McGain was the first choice, I presume once he's fit and had some match practice he'll be back in, unless either Hauritz and Krejza really impress.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
McGain was the first choice, I presume once he's fit and had some match practice he'll be back in, unless either Hauritz and Krejza really impress.
McGain is playing club cricket again apparently! So that's good news.

Krejza was a desperation selection - and Hauritz is the bowler you pick when you don't have a spin bowler to pick - ie, he won't go for too many runs, and might just sneak a wicket every now and then.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
How's Shane Warne been in the commentary today. Was drinking until the early hours
Haha doesn't surprise me. Don't know what his secret is though, as he looks and sounds fine to me.

That was a very interesting cricket show, really enjoyed how they did that on the white board.
I think the 14 to take to SA should be

Katich
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
Johnson
Krezja
Bolinger
Clark
Reserves-Hughes, Klinger/North and Siddle?

Corbin

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hauritz has just cemented his position in the team until 2015 :(
:D

You guys need to learn that he is a different type of spinner to that of Krejza etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way that Hauritz attacks a batsmen. If he decides that tying down a batsmen and waiting for him to make a mistake is the strategy that he is most accomplished at then so be it. I'd rather that then have Krejza bowl 10 overs bowling attacking bowling being hit for 5 an over, which by the way some batsmen will eventually work out that if you go after Krejza you'll be fine it's when you sit back like the Indian's did then he can cause trouble. Really at the current point of time in Australian Cricket we need a spin bowler who is going to play the support role with so many new quicks coming in the side so they have the ability and confidence to tear away.

It's all about balance and Krejza doesn't fit that currently.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha doesn't surprise me. Don't know what his secret is though, as he looks and sounds fine to me.

That was a very interesting cricket show, really enjoyed how they did that on the white board.
I think the 14 to take to SA should be

Katich
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
Johnson
Krezja
Bolinger
Clark
Reserves-Hughes, Klinger/North and Siddle?
Tough on Hauritz, his done his job during this series - He hasn't been smashed and got a few important wickets and given Lee and Clark are likely to be missing, it isn't wise for your frontline spinner to be a guy who goes at over 4 runs an over.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, definitely think Hauritz will go to South Africa. Has done what has been asked of him, and looked really good this morning.

inbox24

International Debutant
Can't see Australia winning from here to be honest, these two are in for the long haul. Think Ponting is underbowling Bollinger a little.

susudear

Banned
Dodgy

Dodgy take from McDonald. But otherwise solid stuff from Australia.

Edit : What's an Australian win without a terrible call from the ump? :laugh:

Ashocker De Silva!!!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ranks as one of the worst lbw decisions ever

Seriously, that had to be missing by about a foot