• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Twenty20 Internationals have never really grabbed me much, but I really enjoy watching the state games. Not really sure why.
Possibly because the state boys take it seriously while the internationals treat it like a casual hit-around?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Should make his international debut on the weekend.
Hong Kong Sixers on this weekend?

It would be amazing if a player who was 12th man for his states XI in four day cricket made the Australian team in a Twenty20 International.

I do think he'll be considered.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

It would be amazing if a player who was 12th man for his states XI in four day cricket made the Australian team in a Twenty20 International.

No, some Mickey Mouse KFC ****e. Also Nathan Haurtiz was playing grade cricket this year and that didn’t stop him from getting a gig in the test side.

Katich isn’t an option but Haydos could be considering his been slogging for the past six innings.

pup11

International Coach

I think he is a gun talent, just look at the some of the shots he plays , if he keeps this up through the season, leave alone the Aussie T20 side, i think he would in with a real chance to make that opening slot in the Australian ODI side his, though i agree he won't be considered for the T20 internationals.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Read what he posted again.
I said that i agree he won't get picked for the T20 internationals, because they would pick Hayden and Marsh as openers, but i don't necessarily agree with that, Warner is yet to make his SS debut, but that really shouldn't matter while considering him for T20.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I said that i agree he won't get picked for the T20 internationals, because they would pick Hayden and Marsh as openers, but i don't necessarily agree with that, Warner is yet to make his SS debut, but that really shouldn't matter while considering him for T20.
Read what he posted again.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to the Bulls v Redbacks 20/20 last night. Was a fairly decent affair, but still can't get into 30/30 games. Had some good hitting and the fireworks after each boundary was certainly something I haven't seen before. Also good to go and see the Bulls win for once.

Also, was very impressed with Tanvir. Could be a good bowler for Australia in a few years...:ph34r:

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
Went to the Bulls v Redbacks 20/20 last night. Was a fairly decent affair, but still can't get into 30/30 games. Had some good hitting and the fireworks after each boundary was certainly something I haven't seen before. Also good to go and see the Bulls win for once.

Also, was very impressed with Tanvir. Could be a good bowler for Australia in a few years...:ph34r:
Well - if he sticks around in Australia we'd be crazy not to consider the guy!

In just 29 first class games he has 6 five wicket hauls and one 10-fer. That goes alongside 3 centuries and 6 half-centuries.

He's certainly a "batting all-rounder" who isn't the greatest batsman - but looking at our current test squad, he's a better bowler than Macca, and has scored more centuries in 15 less first class games.

As a big hitter, he's probably more of a 1-day player: in that arena his awkward bowling action will cause problems to sloggers.

pup11

International Coach
Well - if he sticks around in Australia we'd be crazy not to consider the guy!

In just 29 first class games he has 6 five wicket hauls and one 10-fer. That goes alongside 3 centuries and 6 half-centuries.

He's certainly a "batting all-rounder" who isn't the greatest batsman - but looking at our current test squad, he's a better bowler than Macca, and has scored more centuries in 15 less first class games.

As a big hitter, he's probably more of a 1-day player: in that arena his awkward bowling action will cause problems to sloggers.
But we already have Mitch Johnson....:ph34r:

Corbin

School Boy/Girl Captain

I thought young Richardson looked the goods also. I know he dropped a catch and went for a fair few runs but it is 20/20. Was quite impressive as to the way he conducted himself with his line and length at just 17 years of age! Nice clean action and a nice bouncer at the end that Manou probably should of taken along with that dropped catch...