• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Yes, yes, yes!
haha, glad someone else agrees, and now they have 3 commentators at any one time he gets rotated through more often, he annoys the absolute **** out of me, him and his brother, i hate hearing his brother still 28 years later trying to justify the underarm 'we'd just had a gutful'

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Which one?? If it's the one that hit him on the shoulder, i think its still OUT.
Not sure if it was 2001 or the tour after that. All I remember is that he had about 3 decisions that were pretty ordinary. The McGrath shoulder before wicket was just about ok as the ball kept low if I remember correctly.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loving that Ponting is getting runs without hitting any 4's yet. It's why he's up there with the best, has several gears in a tough situation.

The Aussies are bleeding for another captain's knock here too.

kingkallis

International Coach
No I think they deserved what they got but they copped a lot of poor decisions and they let this affect their minds far too much.

Ian Chappell says he wants the standard of umpiring to be improved but, pointedly, fails to offer a suggestion of how he would do this. Which is why he is no more than a self-righteous windbag,

How about having four umpires to alternate between sessions? Mistakes will still happen though. The human eye isn't up to the job
Review system is the answer!

kingkallis

International Coach
Man this is amazing...

@Cricinfo,

Matthew, on email, thinks Hayden will get 23 here and will remain in the team for Sydney where he will get a double hundred.

At this point of time Hayos was playing on 5

The prediction was perfect! Hayden made 23...

"Somebody buy the guy that picked Haydos out for 23 a beer!" says Luke Juniper. "Can you believe it? Matthew foretold the future there! Good tactics from Smith," says Jim.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This type of hypocrisy is not restricted to Australia either though, everyone does it (before I get hammered for it). It's just it doesn't seem important to you untill you're the victim of it.
The only people it's restricted to are idiots.

I am and always have been against using technology when there isn't a clear black and white decision to made, basically because of the sort of crap we saw in the NZ v Windies series recently.

Bad decision gets made, gets referred, third umpire can't offer any 100% conclusive evidence to overturn the decision even though on the balance of it, the decision was obviously wrong, so no change is made and the bad decision stands. End result is a lot of wasted time and angst, and a further erosion of the umpire's authority for no good reason.

I don't mind it so much for some things, such as the Duminy and Hussey decisions in this series, but for catches close to the ground, LBW decisions etc I'm totally against it because the replay is rarely conclusive. Just because Hussey gets a bad decision now doesn't change anything.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Loving that Ponting is getting runs without hitting any 4's yet. It's why he's up there with the best, has several gears in a tough situation.

The Aussies are bleeding for another captain's knock here too.
If Ponting was to make a ton today it would be the third time he's made a century in each innings against South Africa, and the 9th century against them in total. Given they've had consistently the strongest fast bowling lineup around outside of Australia during Ponting's career, that's a pretty amazing statistic.

kingkallis

International Coach
Punter looks in good touch, if McK manages to drop him this time, cancel his South African passport and send him to Ghana!

Athlai

Not Terrible
This match just twists and turns. While South Africa remain heavily on top Ponting looks ready to set a big score which will undoubtedly turn the game to his favor. Though a draw is as good as a loss to the Aussie's if they want to win this series.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am and always have been against using technology when there isn't a clear black and white decision to made, basically because of the sort of crap we saw in the NZ v Windies series recently.
I don't think a couple of dodgy experiences should be a deterrant if the system is going to result in more correct decisions being made which by far and away is the most important criteria for mine and technology certainly does allow for it although in no way does it guarantee foolproof decision making.