• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

grazioli82

Cricket Spectator
If crickets what you think about at these moments then your doing it wrong. :ph34r:
You're probably right. At least I didn't start thinking of Greigy talking about "getting it right up there in the blockhole"

Hussey out caught off the helmet. Unlucky but a stunning bouncer

Bees

U19 12th Man
The way it's going, I won't have to wake up early to watch the cricket tomorrow.

But as dire as it seems, you never know what could happen - judging by what the Saffies did yesterday.

grazioli82

Cricket Spectator
The way it's going, I won't have to wake up early to watch the cricket tomorrow.

But as dire as it seems, you never know what could happen - judging by what the Saffies did yesterday.
SA just have a better attack. Morkel's getting it together now, Steyn's nibbling it about and Ntini is persistent. Plus conditions are overcast

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
This is where Ponting and Clarke's true colours will show. I'm quietly picking Clarke to get rid of the "fair weather cricketer" tag today to an extent.

grazioli82

Cricket Spectator
Hussey very unlucky. Ball was nowhere near his gloves. I don't blame the umpire. The human eye is not equipped to accurately capture bowling of that speed very often.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Looking at it again, that was a really poor decision.

And spells like this are the reason why the South African selectors stick with Morkel despite all the rubbish he bowls.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking at it again, that was a really poor decision.
Don't feed the Aussie Woe Brigade! It's bad enough in this thread!

Seriously (not at you), bad decisions happen all the time. There are so many more reasons for the Aussies doing poorly in this match than a bad decision against the Huss. If they lose, would do well to remember that.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
At one point of time when Australia were on the top a lot of decisions used to go their way, for example the Tendulkar decisions when India toured a couple of years back. Now they seem to be paying back for some of those decisions in their favour.

grazioli82

Cricket Spectator

Seriously (not at you), bad decisions happen all the time. There are so many more reasons for the Aussies doing poorly in this match than a bad decision against the Huss. If they lose, would do well to remember that.
Last year at SCG springs to mind

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
^ Agreed with TC. He copped a bad one, but that alone is not the only bad thing.

Something that really pisses me off is Commentators who disagreed about player referral have completely changed their views once Hussey got a rough one. Dire, many teams over the past have got bad decisions especially in Warne/McGrath time, so it think its time to just cop it on the chin and move on.

Top_Cat

At one point of time when Australia were on the top a lot of decisions used to go their way, for example the Tendulkar decisions when India toured a couple of years back. Now they seem to be paying back for some of those decisions in their favour.
Yeah because luck actually acts on anything.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Which one?? If it's the one that hit him on the shoulder, i think its still OUT.

Top_Cat

Last year at SCG springs to mind
Which part? The bit where Andy Symonds got a decision in his favour or that India lost 7 wickets in the final session of the match on a perfect batting deck? :D

Like I said, blaming luck for a big loss is generally pretty poor form. Ends in denial of the real reasons. Top teams make luck a nice bonus when it goes for you or a bit of an annoyance if it doesn't. If you're relying on it, you're not good enough to win regularly.

ozone

First Class Debutant
TBH, its only because they're losing that they notice these bad decisions more. When they were the best team in the world, it didn't matter so much if a decision went against them because they could recover. This Australian team aren't as strong and so when a decision goes against them, it can have a bigger impact.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Something that really pisses me off is Commentators who disagreed about player referral have completely changed their views once Hussey got a rough one. Dire, many teams over the past have got bad decisions especially in Warne/McGrath time, so it think its time to just cop it on the chin and move on.
Heh, it's true with a lot of the media though and players too. Sorry to bring this up but after the Sydney test I saw plenty of Aussie players and commentators towing out the we can't remove human error and it'll all even out eventually lines. Then after Hayden's bat pad decision in Perth we start hearing "peoples career's are on the line something must be done about it."

This type of hypocrisy is not restricted to Australia either though, everyone does it (before I get hammered for it). It's just it doesn't seem important to you untill you're the victim of it.

grazioli82

Cricket Spectator
Which part? The bit where Andy Symonds got a decision in his favour or that India lost 7 wickets in the final session of the match on a perfect batting deck? :D

Like I said, blaming luck for a big loss is generally pretty poor form. Ends in denial of the real reasons. Top teams make luck a nice bonus when it goes for you or a bit of an annoyance if it doesn't. If you're relying on it, you're not good enough to win regularly.
No I think they deserved what they got but they copped a lot of poor decisions and they let this affect their minds far too much.

Ian Chappell says he wants the standard of umpiring to be improved but, pointedly, fails to offer a suggestion of how he would do this. Which is why he is no more than a self-righteous windbag,

How about having four umpires to alternate between sessions? Mistakes will still happen though. The human eye isn't up to the job

Rant0r

International 12th Man

no **** hey, the tv just got muted and abc radio turned on (again), was stunningly silent when duminy got caught off the arm in perth, now we've had 15 replays and chapelli whining

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No I think they deserved what they got but they copped a lot of poor decisions and they let this affect their minds far too much.

Ian Chappell says he wants the standard of umpiring to be improved but, pointedly, fails to offer a suggestion of how he would do this. Which is why he is no more than a self-righteous windbag,

How about having four umpires to alternate between sessions? Mistakes will still happen though. The human eye isn't up to the job
Yes, yes, yes!