• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

pup11

International Coach
Didn't open the link, assume it's 1337.

Why didn't Watson and Bracken play?
Has Watto been released from the squad, if yes then i think he might not have felt like taking a risk by playing in this game with the slight back strain he had, Bracken wasn't with the Blues squad so either he might be injured or he might have decided to give this game a skip to be with his family for Christmas.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Has Watto been released from the squad, if yes then i think he might not have felt like taking a risk by playing in this game with the slight back strain he had, Bracken wasn't with the Blues squad so either he might be injured or he might have decided to give this game a skip to be with his family for Christmas.
If you haven't got a factual answer then I don't want to hear it, ****.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So does anyone know how many runs Phil Hughes scores between the covers and backward point in the four day game?

Will captains be able to set similar field placings to Stephen Fleming against Damian Martyn? Or does Hughes have a complete all round game?

I was very impressed with him last night, we should chuck him into the squad to South Africa IMO.

Also Bollinger MUST be in the squad for the ODI's. I don't care if we have 3 left arm bowlers in the squad..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Casson, what odds would you give me on Phil Hughes being Australia's leading run scorer in the Ashes in 09?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Prince's style isn't exactly silky-smooth, is it?

But I think he does have an all-around-the-wicket game. Would love to see him come into the side early if his form continues, and really make good, though it would be tough on Jaques especially. Maybe The Kat down the order to 4 or 5, and move Huss and Clarke down one place each :unsure:

pup11

International Coach
So does anyone know how many runs Phil Hughes scores between the covers and backward point in the four day game?

Will captains be able to set similar field placings to Stephen Fleming against Damian Martyn? Or does Hughes have a complete all round game?

I was very impressed with him last night, we should chuck him into the squad to South Africa IMO.

Also Bollinger MUST be in the squad for the ODI's. I don't care if we have 3 left arm bowlers in the squad..
From the looks of it Hughes has a pretty solid all round game, but there is no doubt he loves playing the ball through the 3rd man or point region, he even squeezes out yorkers and guides them through that region, but he can virtually hit the ball anywhere with his unorthodox technique.

Top_Cat

The Prince's style isn't exactly silky-smooth, is it?

But I think he does have an all-around-the-wicket game. Would love to see him come into the side early if his form continues, and really make good, though it would be tough on Jaques especially. Maybe The Kat down the order to 4 or 5, and move Huss and Clarke down one place each :unsure:
Reminds me very much of Michael Clarke, presentation-wise with a fairly crucial difference; has a mountain of runs behind him already. Going to be very, very difficult not to pick him for SA and hen even harder once Hayden gives it away. Has ticked every box so far, reaally.

inbox24

International Debutant
Reminds me very much of Michael Clarke, presentation-wise with a fairly crucial difference; has a mountain of runs behind him already. Going to be very, very difficult not to pick him for SA and hen even harder once Hayden gives it away. Has ticked every box so far, reaally.
Except for the box of favouritism from the selectors. It's pretty much guaranteed that some dire batsmen averaging about 15 runs less will get an extended run before him.

Top_Cat

Except for the box of favouritism from the selectors. It's pretty much guaranteed that some dire batsmen averaging about 15 runs less will get an extended run before him.
Nah. He's not Victorian. Don't ya know guys in NSW get a baggy green with their baggy blue? :p

EDIT: Besides, he played in the ACB XI against Sri Lanka last year even before getting a go with NSW, he has definitely on the radar for a while.