• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What do you base that on?

More importantly, you don't see O'Keefe batting 4? I just have a real feeling it'll happen, don't know why. Trying to do high bats for the first game and I'm racking my brains to no end.
Mainly on the side that we have played over the last couple seasons in Twenty20. They might take game more seriously now with the CL spot up for graps, but considering our selections is season I doubt.

Stevie and Mosies have been groomed for a while as 3/4 options in the shorter forms of the game. So unless they play a batsmen they will bat there. O'Keefe always been viewed as middle lower order batsmen since he played their at Aus U19 level. He scoring lots a runs at grade level, but he never in the discussion as a batsmen.

The Cameron bit was in the media a while back, when he got recalled.

Basically it is a toss up between Rohrer/O'Keefe/Forrest for the last batting spot. With Cameron/Casson pushing for the last bowling spot if Haurtiz is called up.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mainly on the side that we have played over the last couple seasons in Twenty20. They might take game more seriously now with the CL spot up for graps, but considering our selections is season I doubt.

Stevie and Mosies have been groomed for a while as 3/4 options in the shorter forms of the game. So unless they play a batsmen they will bat there. O'Keefe always been viewed as middle lower order batsmen since he played their at Aus U19 level. He scoring lots a runs at grade level, but he never in the discussion as a batsmen.

The Cameron bit was in the media a while back, when he got recalled.

Basically it is a toss up between Rohrer/O'Keefe/Forrest for the last batting spot. With Cameron/Casson pushing for the last bowling spot if Haurtiz is called up.
I don't see Casson playing for two reasons. One is obviously that he is on the outer selection-wise this season. The second is that O'Keefe can bat anywhere from 4 downwards and is, in T20 at least, the better limited overs bowler and can share the spin-load with Smith. Hauritz almost certainly won't play because he'll be in Melbourne unless he gets special dispensation. I don't know why Foz would bat down the order either, he's a top order bat and a fairly accomplished hitter.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't surprise me if Fatty Smith is pushed up the order
Another thing I'm worried about when doing these high bats. He's opened and batted three in T20s before (admittedly when NSW's team was vastly different). He obviously won't open this season but he's probably just as much chance of nabbing first drop as Steve Smith or Henriques are.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see Casson playing for two reasons. One is obviously that he is on the outer selection-wise this season. The second is that O'Keefe can bat anywhere from 4 downwards and is, in T20 at least, the better limited overs bowler and can share the spin-load with Smith. Hauritz almost certainly won't play because he'll be in Melbourne unless he gets special dispensation. I don't know why Foz would bat down the order either, he's a top order bat and a fairly accomplished hitter.
If Hauritz plays most likely Forrest or Rohrer will come in and bat at 3, with Stevie or Moises dropping down the order, most likely Mosies. If the pitch is a massive turning Casson might play.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Another thing I'm worried about when doing these high bats. He's opened and batted three in T20s before (admittedly when NSW's team was vastly different). He obviously won't open this season but he's probably just as much chance of nabbing first drop as Steve Smith or Henriques are.
The selectors don't think he has the technique to bat up the order even in Twenty20. He seen very much as a finisher. Though if Warner gets going he could finish at 3.

pup11

International Coach
How would Hauritz play in the T20 bash, isn't he going to play in the tests..?

Anyways i am pretty excited about the T20 bash this season, with all the money that is pouring into the game with the IPL opening new avenues for the young domestic players to make big money would be a huge motivation for everyone to play their sockses off...

I think Vics start off as the favourites again, Warriors are having problems with injury and loss of form, so therefore i think the Redbacks and The Blues have a outside chance of maybe upsetting the Vics....

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What do you base that on?

More importantly, you don't see O'Keefe batting 4? I just have a real feeling it'll happen, don't know why. Trying to do high bats for the first game and I'm racking my brains to no end.
I just logged into Sports Acumen and it looks like you've got the odds about right. I can't see any good value bets where I think I can win.

$1.95 for NSW to beat QLD $1.85 might be worth a shot, given QLD's attack and realiance on Hopes, Carseldine and Reardon to make the runs.

Actually think Phillipson may do well..

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I just logged into Sports Acumen and it looks like you've got the odds about right. I can't see any good value bets where I think I can win.

$1.95 for NSW to beat QLD $1.85 might be worth a shot, given QLD's attack and realiance on Hopes, Carseldine and Reardon to make the runs.

Actually think Phillipson may do well..
Go for gold mate, but out of Christmas spirit I'll let you know that I'm the worst price on NSW in the world. When I was pricing the game before anybody else had a market, I was around $1.65-1.70 NSW and $2.15-2.20 on QLD. Absolutely cannot believe the Blues are going in as Dogs. But if I went with what I think there'd be a huge arbitrage and people could back both sides for profit.

Also, not sure what it is but I reckon I'd back Townsend over Philipson.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
BJ and Mark Waugh are putting that to Rohrer not having played much under lights, but i think that's a pretty ****ty excuse.
Doesn't mean he's not a bad fielder. In relative terms at the very least, he's awful, because no one else has this much trouble.

inbox24

International Debutant
Phil 'Jaques' Hughes is at it again. Can anybody stop this guy, run machine :D

Does anybody think he's ready for Internationals yet, technique and temperament wise?

pup11

International Coach
I seriously love the way Phil Hughes bats, i love the hustle he shows when he is batting, has an unorthodox technique and watching him bat is almost like watching a little genius at work, i think he bats with a lot of maturity for a bloke this young and i think a prodigy like him should be drafted into the international side as quickly as possible.