• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Corridor of Uncertainty

jathu

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How are you supposed to handle a ball which lies in the corridor of uncertainty? What would be the best shot to play at the ball?

Jakester1288

International Regular
Depends on exactly where the ball pitches. I go back to those balls when I can, dunno why. I try to get forward when I can though, its all up to the batsmen. If it's missing the stumps, I try to leave it as well.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Personally, I think it comes down to the ability to play through the off side from the back foot. If you get a couple away that are just a tad short but on a good line, then it brings them fuller and brings your drive into the game.

I've found that players who don't have that ability to play off the back foot end up being dominated by the bowler; the bowler is in control of what is going on. Whereas you can take control of the bowler and what he is trying to do if he knows that he can't afford to pitch slightly short.

Benaud

Banned
its not called the corridor of uncertainty u gook its called temptation alley. and to counter it bat on off stump. simple. if youve got an eye as good as mine lbw wont be a risk factor of this

Jakester1288

International Regular
its not called the corridor of uncertainty u gook its called temptation alley. and to counter it bat on off stump. simple. if youve got an eye as good as mine lbw wont be a risk factor of this
I've always called it the corridor of uncertainty and that's what everyone calls it mate.

I don't think I've heard temptation alley before, something new.

Benaud

Banned
I've always called it the corridor of uncertainty and that's what everyone calls it mate.

I don't think I've heard temptation alley before, something new.
damien fleming originated it, and hes the bowlologist. you clearly just dont know your cricket chief/.