• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
you will find out soon.
When they lose?

You do realise that most teams in Test cricket would go for the win, right?
It's not like they are going to continue to go for it if they lose a lot of wickets.

Your posting so far has been rather dire, btw.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
When they lose?

You do realise that most teams in Test cricket would go for the win, right?
It's not like they are going to continue to go for it if they lose a lot of wickets.

Your posting so far has been rather dire, btw.
Agreed. Was funny though that he/she was right.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I have to say it was very good captaincy by Gayle to keep Edwards on after he took plenty of stick in the previous opener.

Umpires not doing a good job of preventing the windies from utilising a very obvious "go slow" tactic. Over rate only 12 an hour.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Black Caps should shut up shop imo.
Not entirely sure they need to just yet. Even though How got out, his two over dash has probably bought Taylor and Ryder 5 overs to get their eyes in, and if they can keep the rate below 7 heading into the last 25, they may think it's still worth a go.

One more wicket though, and that's it. It's quite dark as well, so if a couple of wickets go, there's always the opportunity to take the light.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hope Taylor scores some runs today, barring a miracle this is all over rover. These two guys will naturally score at 3.5-4 runs an over though so if the partnerships good enough you never know with McCullum to come.

How played well and frankly Flynn should have said "no" to that run. I mean come on, he could've sent How back and avoided a run out entirely. Instead he decided to bite the bullet, very frustrating.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Would kill them at the Basin IMO.
Bring back the Boxing Day test, I say.
A 2 test series is even more ridiculous when played before Christmas.
It almost turns into a one off, as the chances of one being rain affected is really high.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
How played well and frankly Flynn should have said "no" to that run. I mean come on, he could've sent How back and avoided a run out entirely. Instead he decided to bite the bullet, very frustrating.
DWTA. It was How's call, a call that never should've been made. Flynn's duty was to trust his partner and run as fast as he could. The fault is on How, and it showed with the way he subsequently batted.