• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

James

Cricket Web Owner
Na Mills was ****. Vettori was way better than all of the pacers besides a spell by Franklin and a couple by O'Brien.
Quite surprised Ryder didn't get a bowl actually given the number of overs in the innings. I thought he bowled quite well in Australia and might have bowled more in NZ conditions.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't care what the betting odds are.

NZ are still more likely to get bowled out in 60 overs than they are to score over 5 an over. That isn't baiting it's a blatant fact. Dunno what Benn's like but Gayle will be difficult to attack and the only reason teams have scored 300+ so far (at less than 3 an over) is because of someone scoring a century to bat around.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think that'll be it. No way New Zealand will go for this with one of our stone wallers gone.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The "Report Post" feature is there for a reason - use it. It doesn't help the forum or yourself to respond in an aggressive manner. As has been said many times over, we can't read every single post looking for problems. We rely a lot on people reporting posts and making the moderators aware so it can be looked into. And FYI, we haven't had any reported posts about SP for a long time now.
After the events of the last two weeks (with regards to another matter), I have little faith in contacting the moderators, as there is clear bias towards some members over others.

And the reason no one reports posts about SP anymore is because, quite frankly, it gets us nowhere. What reprimands has he ever received from the moderators for his trolling?

James

Cricket Web Owner
After the events of the last two weeks (with regards to another matter), I have little faith in contacting the moderators, as there is clear bias towards some members over others.

And the reason no one reports posts about SP anymore is because, quite frankly, it gets us nowhere. What reprimands has he ever received from the moderators for his trolling?
That's your opinion and you're obviously entitled to that, but we address all reported posts sent and a group moderator decision is made on whether any action will be taken if the matter is deemed serious enough. That is always between the member concerned and the moderators and that's where it stops. As you obviously know, the moderator team is made up of senior members that have been around the forum for many years and everyone of them gets the same say. Obviously sometimes there will be cases where member(s) feel a level of action should be taken but the moderators disagree, but that's just the way it is.

I don't mean this to sound rude, but it's unfair to SP to mention anything in the public forums concerning his posts. The same would apply to any other member - yourself included.

I would hope that if you want to discuss this further that you could take it to email (moderators@cricketweb.net) so the people who want to continue discussing the cricket can do so.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Really don't want Flynn to get too carried away. If things turn sour, he's one of the few batsmen I trust to shepherd us through to the close of play.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Really don't want Flynn to get too carried away. If things turn sour, he's one of the few batsmen I trust to shepherd us through to the close of play.
Yeah, but isn't it amazing how good he looks now.

I can understand how the selectors showed such faith in him. I'm sure most CWers doubted his position in the side when he first came in, but he has really become good of late and it looks like he might occupy the number 3 spot for many years to come.

Could be interesting if we could get to tea at about 100/1.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How looking as if he doesn't want to play against India when March comes around...

Another appalling drop there. Mind you, How did Edwards a favour and he gets one back off Edwards' bowling (albeit via the butterfingers of Jerome Taylor!)

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good running between the wickets here. Would've been nice to have seen a bit more of this in the first innings, and hopefully we'll get a bit more in future.

pskov

International 12th Man
Benn bowling just looks.... odd. Someone that tall shouldn't be a spin bowler, it's almost against some immutable law of cricket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Required run-rate of 5.84 now. Need one of these two to start looking for boundaries soon.
I don't think so. It's more important not to lose wickets. If we need 6.5 off the last 30, and are still only one down, I'd give us an outside chance. But if we lose a couple of wickets then that's it, and it may even allow the windies an opportunity to try and apply some pressure.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I don't think so. It's more important not to lose wickets. If we need 6.5 off the last 30, and are still only one down, I'd give us an outside chance. But if we lose a couple of wickets then that's it, and it may even allow the windies an opportunity to try and apply some pressure.
Fair-point, but we don't want to let it get too high that it puts heaps of pressure on the middle/lower order to score quickly. Hopefully we can keep scoring at 4-5 an over for a while and build from there.