• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah How and Chattergoon to go for mine.. It seems Openers get picked and dropped far more quickly than people in other positions for mine, not that these two players seem to be much cop for mine..

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh right. Hard to see Mills getting a run against India in the Tests then, so maybe this opens the door for the return of Martin.
Yeah would like to see that if he gets back in form as he is much better than Mills or Gillespie IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah How and Chattergoon to go for mine.. It seems Openers get picked and dropped far more quickly than people in other positions for mine, not that these two players seem to be much cop for mine..
Both showed a bit early on in their performances and then just completely stopped scoring runs. Though I suppose How has one more chance here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Southee needs to work on his bowling a bit more, I mean if conditions suit he'd be ideal but if they don't then a guy like Franklin, Martin or O'Brien would be better as they offer more with the ball.

Really would like to see all of these guys working on their pace, though O'Brien has impressed me with some fast balls in this match. Franklin at 10km higher would be a real threat, and Martin might even be a genuine quick if he can eke out a few more yards of pace though considering his age I suppose that is just wishful thinking.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Don't see how that was out TBH.
Yeah, I was arguing with the guys in the office. I thought it was going down leg enough for Benson to overrule, but it appears to have been yet another line ball situation. A Hawkeye animation from above would be extremely useful in this situation.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It appears to me that whenever somebody writes something remotely disparaging towards (and in SP's case it's just an age old bait) the kiwis you jump for their throat. It's like clock-work.
We jump for SP's throat because after however many years of him continually trolling against New Zealanders, he's still getting away with it, and as far as I'm concerned, I will keep responding in an aggressive manner until he is dealt with by the toothless moderators.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We jump for SP's throat because after however many years of him continually trolling against New Zealanders, he's still getting away with it, and as far as I'm concerned, I will keep responding in an aggressive manner until he is dealt with by the toothless moderators.
Yeah and SP's a prick.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The "Report Post" feature is there for a reason - use it. It doesn't help the forum or yourself to respond in an aggressive manner. As has been said many times over, we can't read every single post looking for problems. We rely a lot on people reporting posts and making the moderators aware so it can be looked into. And FYI, we haven't had any reported posts about SP for a long time now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, think they listened to the Australian commentators when they said NZ couldn't afford to have both O'Brien and Martin in the batting lineup.
Yeah but Franklin O'Brien Martin >>>> Southee O'Brien Martin. Martin can stick around for 10 balls or so sometimes and O'Brien can get around 30 under his belt. Could be a lot worse.