• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

JBH001

International Regular
All over 375. Chase is 311 from 60 overs or slightly less, I think.

Top stuff from WI, they fought all the way. Shame Gayle did not make his 200, deserved it.

Tbh, I think WI deserve this - or at least dont deserve to lose. For my money they have played a little better than we have over 5 days.

Ryder and McCullum to open?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
So a draw unless something miraculous happens for either side. Keywords would be: Taylorx2, Ryder, McCullum, Edwards, Jeets:ph34r:

Good Test match really, Edwards and Taylor have really impressed me in this match and I was already a big fan of both of them. Nash looks like an excellent find for the West Indies, a solid player who can stick around for long periods of time and get a few runs at the other ends of the Chanderpauls and the Gayles. A real shame the first match was rained off and that there is no 3rd as while I think NZ have been slightly better throughout another match would have been sublime.

James

Cricket Web Owner
On the positive front, at least we managed 20 wickets in a Test :)

We have to have a go at this, and if we end up losing, so be it. If it's a draw we surely stay at 8th in the rankings, but would move to 7th if we win. All to play for.

Athlai

Not Terrible
All over 375. Chase is 311 from 60 overs or slightly less, I think.

Top stuff from WI, they fought all the way. Shame Gayle did not make his 200, deserved it.

Tbh, I think WI deserve this - or at least dont deserve to lose. For my money have played better than we have over 5 days.

Ryder and McCullum to open?
Don't think it is that likely that the openers will change but Flynn will surely be pushed behind Ryder Taylor and McCullum.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The only chance NZ has to win is to score about 100 in the first hour, methinks.

They will get to a stage where they have lost too many wickets with too many runs left, which is when they will probaby turn from attack to defense and play for the draw.

So they really need to juggle the line-up. They can't have both Ryder and McCullum coming in at 5 and 6.

Open with How or McIntosh?
I think McIntosh could provide a good anchor to either McCullum or Ryder opening.

I really can't see us chasing this down, but NZ always give things a go so you never know.

Athlai

Not Terrible
On the positive front, at least we managed 20 wickets in a Test :)

We have to have a go at this, and if we end up losing, so be it. If it's a draw we surely stay at 8th in the rankings, but would move to 7th if we win. All to play for.
Na lets not lose but with Flynn down at 6 he could bat for the draw if anything horrific happens. :ph34r:

So O'Brien was good, Jeets and Vettori too, Franklin was much better in the second innings and showed a great improvement, with the weak link this time being Mills who was on level with Gillespie. We need a fast strike bowler a.k.a Bond to get our attack where it needs to be to be a force in International cricket.

Flynn at 3 has been somewhat of a revelation as surprised as I am to admit it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The only chance NZ has to win is to score about 100 in the first hour, methinks.

They will get to a stage where they have lost too many wickets with too many runs left, which is when they will probaby turn from attack to defense and play for the draw.

So they really need to juggle the line-up. They can't have both Ryder and McCullum coming in at 5 and 6.

Open with How or McIntosh?
I think McIntosh could provide a good anchor to either McCullum or Ryder opening.

I really can't see us chasing this down, but NZ always give things a go so you never know.
How is definitely more of a stroke player than McIntosh and Ryder seems like a guy who has no trouble at all with a new ball. If I were going for a most succesful lineup at chasing high scores quickly I'd say

How
Ryder
Taylor
McCullum
Franklin
Flynn (possibly even Mills)
McIntosh

Don't think we'd see it though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is Mills injured btw? Confused as to why he only got 6 overs out of 145

He bowled tripe really.

O'Brien got overs because he is our go to quick bowler now. Franklin was put in for a change up and saw success, otherwise the spinners were the main plan.

sammy2

Banned
I knew this would happen, I knew the lost of chanderpaul wouldn't help much. lol

Great batting by gayle.

I would love to see NZ try making 300 in two sessions.

James

Cricket Web Owner
He bowled tripe really.

O'Brien got overs because he is our go to quick bowler now. Franklin was put in for a change up and saw success, otherwise the spinners were the main plan.
Oh right. Hard to see Mills getting a run against India in the Tests then, so maybe this opens the door for the return of Martin.