• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel 9 Commentators - Very Poor Form

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd be surprised. Clearly the example you give is extreme, but just because gambling is mentioned in context with cricket doesn't mean people sitting listening are going to go out and bet on cricket.

For people trying to wean themselves off gambling, having it constantly mentioned when they're trying to put it from their mind is not helpful at all. Whether you're trying to over-cosset people or not is a moot point. I'd say it's useless enough - advertising gambling that is - to the overwhelming majority (if not everyone) that you could justify not allowing it even if the number of people vulnerable is tiny.
I'm sorry mate, but I can't find even a minute amount of sympathy...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a problem with your writing off every decision that doesn't seem logical to you as "pure luck". The best people in the world at everything go on instinct to some extent. Even heart surgeons do it. A left-field decision is not always a bad one.
Exactly, like McGrath and Warne for example.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wasn't talking to you, was talking to someone who might actually give a truthful answer - ie, someone who can discover your location by IP-search.

protea lover

Cricket Spectator
This is my first post and I have already discovered that Richard is a biased and arrogant user. I will try my best to ignore him.:laugh:

Also I would like to add on how biased Bill Lawry and Ian Chapell are towards the australians. They critisise Smith's field placements when ponting is no better and they don't say a word. Also they were treating the south africans as if they were a read story hopefully they and many others will respect them after the record breaking win.