• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

pup11

International Coach
Why do the Windies persist with Ramdin? Where is Baugh, he seems a much more attacking player, has a higher FC average and even has a century against the Aussies.
Ramdin has always come across as a pretty decent keeper, he might just be having a shocking game with the gloves, whereas his batting is concerned it surely has been on the wane as when he first came onto the scene his batting looked decent enough, but then i doubt Baugh would do any better then what Ramdin is doing with the bat.

P.S:I would be interested in watching this series but i don't know whether its on the telly here in India, so can any of the Indian posters help me out with this.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Why do the Windies persist with Ramdin? Where is Baugh, he seems a much more attacking player, has a higher FC average and even has a century against the Aussies.
Baugh was horrible in the ODIs played before this series in the UAE against Pakistan.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great spell from Jimmy to break the key partnership, and perhaps a tad unlucky not to get the key wicket of Gayle too. Even when not 100% he's still dangerous with the new ball. :cool:

I knew our Haphazard fielding would hurt us eventually. That drop will probably be the difference between chasing 220 in 90 overs and 280 in 70. If the later turns out to be the case, I wonder whether New Zealand might consider opening with McCullum, and leaving Flynn and McIntosh down the order, in case a collapse occurs?

Brilliant knock from Gayle. My man of the match if the Windies get away with this.

Flem274*

123/5
Great spell from Jimmy to break the key partnership, and perhaps a tad unlucky not to get the key wicket of Gayle too. Even when not 100% he's still dangerous with the new ball. :cool:

I knew our Haphazard fielding would hurt us eventually. That drop will probably be the difference between chasing 220 in 90 overs and 280 in 70. If the later turns out to be the case, I wonder whether New Zealand might consider opening with McCullum, and leaving Flynn and McIntosh down the order, in case a collapse occurs?

Brilliant knock from Gayle. My man of the match if the Windies get away with this.
Agree with this bar the fielding bit. We've been pretty good in the field until that.

Stoked at Jimmy's comeback, bowled with some venom.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
The equation is simple for tommorow:

Bowl out Windies in first hour

chase down 260 in 75 overs

This is the only way I can see a result happening, but the weather also looks a bit dodgy. Good spell from Jimmy Franklin, I imagine he just saved his test spot. I would love to see McCullum, Ryder promoted up the order but I just cant see it happening unfortunately.

Natman20

International Debutant
Despite my comments before about Franklin not proving himself, something clicked with him this afternoon, he went from being slow, ineffective and dire in one over of his spell and then all of a sudden he speeds it up by 10 kph and bowls bouncers which were really good. Impressive but I don't know why he couldn't of tried to do that earlier.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
The equation is simple for tommorow:

Bowl out Windies in first hour

chase down 260 in 75 overs

This is the only way I can see a result happening, but the weather also looks a bit dodgy. Good spell from Jimmy Franklin, I imagine he just saved his test spot. I would love to see McCullum, Ryder promoted up the order but I just cant see it happening unfortunately.
um nah cant see it beeing eny differnt from today

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with this bar the fielding bit. We've been pretty good in the field until that.

Stoked at Jimmy's comeback, bowled with some venom.
I'd say we've been extremely inconsistent. Took some blinders (How and Ryder in the first innings), and missed a couple of easy ones (Patel going the wrong way to a scoop from Gayle in the 1st innings and of course How).

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great time up in Napier / 'Stings / Navelock Horth.

3 days of test cricket. Pretty empty stadium, great opportunities for photos.

We were staying in the same hotel as the West Indies players and the ICC officials. Saw Javagal Srinath floating around a fair bit and bumped into a few of the Windies players and had a few brief chats.

My missus swears she put off Shivvermetimbers by saying "Hello" to him this morning.

One thing is a shame. Iain O'Brien has gone mainstream.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Impressive but I don't know why he couldn't of tried to do that earlier.
Inspired by O'Brien maybe? Or maybe just hit some rhythm. He hasn't bowled for some time I guess. But yes, he is much, much better when he puts in that bit of extra zip, rather than float 125kph half trackers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
There's rain in the forecast unfortunately.
Met Service says that it'll just be overcast. As long as it isn't raining and we have a chance of winning, our batsmen will stay out there no matter how dark it is, so hopefully they'll get a full days play.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
No keeper in the Windies is good with the gloves except Ramdin. Unfortunately for Ramdin his batting has gone down the toilet.