• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gritty stuff here by the windies. Equally impressive and frustrating for a kiwi supporter. I'm a little surprised that Vettori is wasting what little effectiveness Franklin might've had by bowling him with the old ball. At the moment it really looks like he should be a new ball bowler, or nothing.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I get the feeling that the 1st 10 overs with the new ball will most likely decide the outcome of the match.

Natman20

International Debutant
Gritty stuff here by the windies. Equally impressive and frustrating for a kiwi supporter. I'm a little surprised that Vettori is wasting what little effectiveness Franklin might've had by bowling him with the old ball. At the moment it really looks like he should be a new ball bowler, or nothing.
tbh Franklin hasn't justified his call-up with ball or bat. He is not ready yet.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I rate this Brendon Nash fellow.. Want him to ton up
Yeah I like him as well. Played the best shot I have seen all year when the West Indies were in Abu Dhabi. It is a refreshing change to see a West Indian batsman aside from Chanderpaul and Sarwan who has a bit of steel about them in the middle order.

cricman

International 12th Man
Gayle slowed down big time since the Patel's Double Strike, he reached his 50 in 65 Balls and now he's 106* (198).

He might turn back on when the new ball is taken

Great Stuff from the the Windies, I thought they were dead after Chanderpaul was gone

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
tbh Franklin hasn't justified his call-up with ball or bat. He is not ready yet.
That's not my point. He's in the team now, so if you're going to bowl him, use him when he's at his most effective. In spite of him clearly being short of a gallop he still swings the ball more than any other bowler in the team, and so should be given the new ball. Especially in conditions like this, it's likely to be the only time where he may threaten.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's not my point. He's in the team now, so if you're going to bowl him, use him when he's at his most effective. In spite of him clearly being short of a gallop he still swings the ball more than any other bowler in the team, and so should be given the new ball. Especially in conditions like this, it's likely to be the only time where he may threaten.
Indeed. He's not going to be of any use at all if he doesn't get the new rock.

Flem274*

123/5
Gayle is supreme. He is best opener at night. :laugh:
Well, even though you still can't write properly look on the bright side, you've actualy spelt a players name correctly for once in your irrelevant posts of the last few days!

For future reference, O'Brain is "O'Brien" and Johnman is "Johnson". Next lesson; sentence structure and grammaz.

inbox24

International Debutant
Why do the Windies persist with Ramdin? Where is Baugh, he seems a much more attacking player, has a higher FC average and even has a century against the Aussies.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well bowled O'Brien, was hoping he'd follow that bouncer up with a slower ball. A batsman-challenge would have been interesting then, may have been not-out, Hawkeye predicting it just clipping leg-stump.