• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win by SA. Whats with the Aussie media?? And Ponting with the passengers comment?? 0 &32 is not much to talk about is it?
Ponting should have simply said how well his team played and that everyone had nothing to worry about as their positions were safe in the next test given their stellar performances.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, because obviously within that year they've all been replaced by players of exactly the same ability...I don't think it's looking for an excuse when you state the obvious, i.e: Australia won't be as good as they were when we had McGrath, Warne, and Gilchrist, for quite some time to come.
Neither will it be when Sachin, Dravid and Laxman retire in the near future.

howardj

International Coach
MCG wicket has supposedly been a bit better this year with a new curator. Got rid of Tony Ware, and new bloke has come in. Still be pretty slow, one would imagine.

Sorry, but I still really don't understand the calls for four quicks. Our second and third quicks got two wickets between them, and an underdone spinner got exactly the same. You really think that the fourth quick would have done much more?
I don't really care if they're quicks, slows or military mediums. For mine, and I think it's the way Ponting is starting to think too, we should just be picking four guys who are most likely to take wickets. At the moment, on that criteria, I would say that none of our spinners would get over the line. I think Bollinger, Lee, Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Watson are all more likely than Krejza or Hauritz. I think this will be reflected in the composition of the team on Boxing Day.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neither will it be when Sachin, Dravid and Laxman retire in the near future.
Exactly, you're lucky if players that step up come close to who has retired. Australia were lucky with McGrath, Warne and Gilchrist when they came along. It doesn't happen very often.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Things not going the Aussie way so far this morning, the bowlers have bowled well but still that important breakthrough remains elusive, need a wicket or two soon otherwise the game is going to slip away.
mate.. u came down pretty hard about Indians not showing up for test matches at the grounds.. Would love to hear your comments abt the crowd yesterday at the WACA...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great win by SA. Whats with the Aussie media?? And Ponting with the passengers comment?? 0 &32 is not much to talk about is it?
He didn't exclude himself from the comments, and mentioned the batsmen.

Despite his scores in this match, I think he's still a batsman....

pup11

International Coach
He didn't exclude himself from the comments, and mentioned the batsmen.

Despite his scores in this match, I think he's still a batsman....
Yeah that's true, one can accuse Ponting of anything but he is anything but a sore loser, he has always accepted defeats graciously, and obviously this loss would be a really bitter pill to swallow but still he hasn't gone onto make any excuses he has just come down hard on his whole team for a dire effort right through the test, and that includes both batsmen and bowlers.

Australian team though couldn't be serious about dropping Lee, i think these are the times when Ponting should back and show faith in his premier bowler' ability, but he is doing totally the opposite by maintaining an air of mystery as to whether Lee would be in the XI for the boxing day test or not.

pup11

International Coach
mate.. u came down pretty hard about Indians not showing up for test matches at the grounds.. Would love to hear your comments abt the crowd yesterday at the WACA...
Don't know what you are talking about mate, was the crowd turn out low at the WACA yesterday, if it was i really didn't notice that because i was really tense about the game, anyways its not that i have anything particular against only the Indian crowds not attending test cricket and supporting it like it should be, but anywhere around the world if the crowd doesn't turn up in good numbers for test cricket between two good sides, that kind of annoys me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Amazing win.

EDIT: Haha Slats, "Ponting will be wondering what went wrong!?" Maybe it's because you played 2 bowlers who aren't good enough and didn't bowl your all-rounder? Perhaps, Slats, perhaps.
funnier was Ian Healy's reaction..

"Plenty went wrong for South Africa too"...

Classy indeed.

howardj

International Coach
Squad announced at 3:25pm Sydney time.

My spies tell me that it is a squad of 13:

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Watson