• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Look, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but every post I read from you seems to be about how **** England are, it's getting more than tiresome.

And I don't have to keep any relaity check thank you, I never have, much happier here in cloud ****oo land :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
KP & Flintoff where reviving the Perth shock then 10 mins off crap occured.

Can't remember a more frustrating winter of cricket, christ...

Xuhaib

International Coach
Look, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but every post I read from you seems to be about how **** England are, it's getting more than tiresome.

And I don't have to keep any relaity check thank you, I never have, much happier here in cloud ****oo land :p
Haha no way! it may have seemed that way to you, I don't hate the English team infact I luv Kp and Freddie to death though don't give a damn for the rest.

If thats the way you enjoy the game then go ahead no probs from this end.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
KP & Flintoff still batting or AT WORST 4 down at close up play would have been ok after what happened in Perth.

So as i said for this winter i've been getting up to distgust (except for AUS vs NZ)

Langeveldt

Soutie
KP & Flintoff still batting or AT WORST 4 down at close up play would have been ok after what happened in Perth.

So as i said for this winter i've been getting up to distgust (except for AUS vs NZ)
What do you do when the two sides you support play each other?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha. This should be fun. He isn't wrong rhough.
Absolutely not. Poor decision from Dhoni, Pietersen isn't even the right person to try to wind up. Can't imagine Ishant's reaction having the new ball thrown to the fourth best spinner in the side when he's taken a wicket in his first over.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Absolutely not. Poor decision from Dhoni, Pietersen isn't even the right person to try to wind up. Can't imagine Ishant's reaction having the new ball thrown to the fourth best spinner in the side when he's taken a wicket in his first over.
Fifth. Sehwag and Tendulkar are both better, along with Harbhajan and Mishra obv.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I can't see how you can criticise Dhoni's decision to throw the ball to Yuvraj when you saw what Pietersen's reaction was. Clearly Pietersen would not have started that way against Ishant, and Yuvraj almost bowled him first ball. It was the obvious thing to do, but IMO the right one. Something was always going to happen.

Also I reckon Yuvraj's spin is a little underrated here. I'm not trying to call him a world beater, but he certainly turned the ball at times in Chennai and looked fairly useful. Can't see Tendulkar doing much bowling for the rest of his career either - if he can only be used so sparsely (couple of overs a match) then there's little point in calling him India's fourth best spinner.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pietersen just had to play aggressively whatever though. The situation of the game demanded it. He did, and it worked for him this time.

Throughout this tour one of the biggest criticisms I've had of him is that he's not looked to go after Yuvraj enough. In a couple of ODIs especially it was frankly appalling the way he just let him bowl for ages then eventually had to try and play some shots he shouldn't have needed to against the better bowlers. Terrible strategism.

adharcric

International Coach
Fifth. Sehwag and Tendulkar are both better, along with Harbhajan and Mishra obv.
Fourth. Yuvraj is a decent part-time option in one-day cricket these days and was far from innocuous in Chennai. Sachin is essentially a non-entity with the ball right now; the variety and massive leg-breaks are a thing of the past. That said, Pietersen's definitely been surprisingly cautious and looked vulnerable against Yuvraj.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, Pietersen said that?

He must get on either really well or really, really badly with ol' Yuvraj if so.
The England boys really don't like him especially KP and Fred and it goes back some time.

Here is another gem from KP whilst facing UV on the field...

"You are a cricketer, you are not god."
Kevin Pietersen to Yuvraj Singh during an on-field chat. The stump mic was alert
:)

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually can't believe Pietersen has played 44 tests already - only debuted in July 2005. Amazing how much they play these days.