• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, Ponting's hit the nail square on the head with a great big fat ****ing mallet in the post-match interview:
"For him [Johnson] to take 11 wickets in the match and to lose means you've had a fair few passengers in your team".

Amen.

Diabolical performance from Australia, despite SA's grand chase.

Meanwhile, Bollinger takes 6 for 60 odd on a flat day 4 deck in Sydney....

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
I'm getting very strong mail tonight, from my selection panel sources, that Ben Hilfenhaus will be drafted in for Siddle for the Boxing Day Test.
My mail is now even stronger than it was three days ago.

Hilfenhaus is certain to have a Baggygreen stuffed in his Festive stocking.

pup11

International Coach
I know all the Australian top 6 deserve to be there, but I really think having a fifth bowler is something they need to think about. Especially with Haddin on form and a really very good tail.
But who would you drop on current form it can only be either be Haydos or Ponting, but i can't see either of them getting dropped, anyhow i think there is a very decent fifth bowler available to the Aussies in Symonds, he is not as good with the ball as Watto, but still he is deceptive enough and has the ability to pick a few wickets every now and again, i think Ponting missed a trick by not using him well in this game.

Bees

U19 12th Man
"For him [Johnson] to take 11 wickets in the match and to lose means you've had a fair few passengers in your team".

Do you think Punter had anyone in mind when he said that?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Always find it amusing when someone follows "I'm speechless" with a lot of blabbing.

Anyways, good to see AB get the MoM.

Top_Cat

Do you think Punter had anyone in mind when he said that?
Hopefully himself. Didn't have the best of matches with bat or in the field.

pup11

International Coach
My mail is now even stronger than it was three days ago.

Hilfenhaus is certain to have a Baggygreen stuffed in his Festive stocking.
I would love to see that happen, but don;t be so sure about it, Siddle might just be given a chance to play the boxing day test in front of his home crowd.

Redbacks

International Captain
How Siddle was picked :wacko: give him time in FC cricket before throwing him in the deep end.

Lack of top order runs cost us the game, and the inability to dismiss our lower order cheaply almost cost South Africa

howardj

International Coach
I would love to see that happen, but don;t be so sure about it, Siddle might just be given a chance to play the boxing day test in front of his home crowd.
No way - the Series will come first.

Selectors react savagely to a defeat like this especially in a 3 Test series.

Top_Cat

I think such sentiment is really only gifted to guys wth plenty of interest in the bank. Siddle shouldn't play in Melbourne, on form. Thought he was much better today, though.

Bees

U19 12th Man
Rate the players 0-10:

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
Lee
Krejza
Johnson
Siddle

McKenzie
Smith
Amla
Kallis
DeVilliers
Duminy
Boucher
Morkel
Harris
Steyn
Ntini

Burgey

What's the point of picking another relatively short-in-stature right arm fast medium bowler whose main weapon is swing, when the ball hasn't swung in Australia anywhere barr Brisbane for about 5-10 years?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hahahaha Tapanui. Has a nice cemetery, I'll give it that.
Good place to die then?

We played cricket there once - our high school side hammered Blue Mountain College in the Gillette Cup. The whole school was given the afternoon off to watch the match ("oooh, dang those townies have come in their new-fangled van-contraption") and one of our fielders on the boundary had the displeasure of hearing one 13-year-old tell his chums how he had got a "stiffy" the night before.

howardj

International Coach
What's the point of picking another relatively short-in-stature right arm fast medium bowler whose main weapon is swing, when the ball hasn't swung in Australia anywhere barr Brisbane for about 5-10 years?
That's down to the bowlers though, in my opinion.

Hilfenhaus, like Adam Dale used to, is a genuine outswing bowler.