• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Evermind

International Debutant
Nice job, Dravid!

India going very well at the moment. We'll have 700 runs at the end of day 3 at 2.20 an over, and 3 innings still to come. Pushing hard for a result here - riveting stuff!

:wacko:

pup11

International Coach
I think England deserve to be in this postion just for picking MSP ahead of a fast bowler, that's a huge tactical blunder given that MSP has been crap for a while now. anyways Bumble has been on and on about how England should have gone ahead and picked Rashid and Khan for this game, so would they have been good choices?

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Very good session for India. Good batting towards the end of the session as we got some agression from both batsmen.

jeevan

International 12th Man
And Gambhir becomes the 4th Indian batsman to score more than 1000 in calendar year 2008. What is the record for the largest number of batsmen from one team doing that?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think England deserve to be in this postion just for picking MSP ahead of a fast bowler, that's a huge tactical blunder given that MSP has been crap for a while now. anyways Bumble has been on and on about how England should have gone ahead and picked Rashid and Khan for this game, so would they have been good choices?
No, and thank God they didn't. It's been said many times that you're a better player out of the side but Khan is a very, very moderate-to-poor bowler and always has been, and Rashid, well, he's 20 years old FFS. Thank God they didn't get impulsive enough to pick him.

Anyway, absolutely delighted for Dravid TBH, hope he can get 200.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India going very well at the moment. We'll have 700 runs at the end of day 3 at 2.20 an over, and 3 innings still to come. Pushing hard for a result here - riveting stuff!

:wacko:
You know, that's the benefit of being 1-0 up in a two-Test series, and also the problem with the two-Test series.

Evermind

International Debutant
No, and thank God they didn't. It's been said many times that you're a better player out of the side but Khan is a very, very moderate-to-poor bowler and always has been, and Rashid, well, he's 20 years old FFS. Thank God they didn't get impulsive enough to pick him.

Don't white people play cricket in England anymore? Why do they have so many mediocre players in the team (white and asian)?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

:laugh: . i'm presuming you weren't fully up when you typed that.

Evermind

International Debutant
After having watched Swann for this series now, I think he's decidedly mediocre. Will end up with similar effectiveness as Panesar. I don't think he's even in the Harby league.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't white people play cricket in England anymore? Why do they have so many mediocre players in the team (white and asian)?
Umm... in the UK most people don't really take much notice of what colour someone's skin is, so the only way to find-out would be some sort of survey data.

In Exeter non-white people are in a very small minority and if I were to consciously look (as I say, mostly it's just not something that occurs to me) most of our club is made-up of white guys with about 4-5 Asians. FTR. It'll differ massively around the country.