• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haddin, such a champ, deserved a ton really, despite the stupid shot.

Wait, I mean...

"Haddin is ****z lolz get roncheeee in there"

pup11

International Coach
What a knock from Hadds, i guess even the man he has replaced couldn't have played any better in the given circumstances, loved the way he upped the ante whenever required and that to by playing proper cricketing shots,i hope any doubts regarding Haddin' ability would die for good after this test.

Anyways coming back to the game, a target of 413 is good enough but still the pitch hardly shows any signs of breaking up or playing like a day 4 or 5 pitch, and with close to 150 odd overs still left in the game, Aussies better not take the foot of the pedal.

pup11

International Coach
That's not what i meant. South Africa had Australia in trouble, and just needed someone to come up with a quality few overs to knock the last few over. Instead it was the Australians who rose to the challenge. It's what's happened over and over and over again- from Katich and Clarke digging in, to Haddin and Symonds counter-attacking, to the tail wagging, then to Johnson's big performance. Every time the match has hung in the balance, it's been an Australian who's grabbed hold of it.
But it wasn't as if South African' found themselves in a postion of strength on the back of some quality bowling in the first place (apart from the 1st hour of the game), the Aussie top order played some rash shots in both the innings to hand over the initative to the South Africans but in both the innings the Aussie tail showed a lot of spunk and also went onto show that there isn't much in the pitch and the South African bowlers aren't penetrative enough in such conditions.

pasag

RTDAS
"the corpse with pads on" isn't happy with the run rate
It is interesting though. I'm watching on mute so I don't know what they're saying, but Australia always play their worst cricket when you put them on the back foot. Ponting never has any clues when the opposition start to attack and I really expected SA to come out firing. Maybe they wanted to see off the new ball and start attacking then, dunno.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is interesting though. I'm watching on mute so I don't know what they're saying, but Australia always play their worst cricket when you put them on the back foot. Ponting never has any clues when the opposition start to attack and I really expected SA to come out firing. Maybe they wanted to see off the new ball and start attacking then, dunno.
Why break the habit of over a decade?