• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

thierry henry

International Coach
I know and agree with that, think he gets far less credit for his wickets than he should. Was taking the piss.
Perhaps in a sense he doesn't deserve that much credit, it's not as though he bowls particularly cleverly or accurately

However I certainly think some people are terribly blind to not see the rare combination of talents he was obviously born with

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know and agree with that, think he gets far less credit for his wickets than he should. Was taking the piss.
Some blokes are just lucky as well. Not that they don't have talent/ good attributes, just that they have a knack of getting wickets.

Botham used to do it all the time. He was a fine, fine bowler, but he'd get wickets with **** balls that would normally be put away.

Top_Cat

Perhaps in a sense he doesn't deserve that much credit, it's not as though he bowls particularly cleverly or accurately

However I certainly think some people are terribly blind to not see the rare combination of talents he was obviously born with
Many bowlers get wickets based mainly in natural-born gifts. This isn't a basis for criticism, I reckon. So it's not as cerebral a method as others. Clearly he has no need for all that. :)

Top_Cat

Some blokes are just lucky as well. Not that they don't have talent/ good attributes, just that they have a knack of getting wickets.

Botham used to do it all the time. He was a fine, fine bowler, but he'd get wickets with **** balls that would normally be put away.
Yeah, after ripping a few out-swingers away from the bat a lot of the time. Hence, point. Sometimes it's the stuff between the wickets. Like the menschkeit of bowling.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FFS Lawry you hypocritical bastard, how many times were Australia on 18 after 9 overs when you were opening the batting?!

His constant digs at touring teams for their early scoring rates (of all things) wouldn't be quite so bad if he was a dasher or something, even though they would still be unfounded. For all the talk about how bad Healy and Nicholas are, I'd take them ahead of Lawry every day of the week.

thierry henry

International Coach
Bill Lawry being very diplomatic

That was out imo

lol at Greig thinking it was missing leg and it was hitting the top of off

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS Lawry you hypocritical bastard, how many times were Australia on 18 after 9 overs when you were opening the batting?!

His constant digs at touring teams for their early scoring rates (of all things) wouldn't be quite so bad if he was a dasher or something, even though they would still be unfounded. For all the talk about how bad Healy and Nicholas are, I'd take them ahead of Lawry every day of the week.
SAWTA

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I didn't think after 4 coronas I'd be seeing things...

Krezja bowling well!
8-)

Best thing about Hawkeye is that batsmen realise that they can't just lunge forward and think that they're not out. Smith very lucky.

Pace bowler hits a batsman on that spot, he's out every time. But because it's a spinner, "Good decision."

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
For all the talk about how bad Healy and Nicholas are, I'd take them ahead of Lawry every day of the week.
No way. Bill is nowhere near as biased as he used to be. Gets legitimately excited even when opposition sides are taking wickets (i.e. yesterday from the highlights I saw when I got home).