• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

irfan

State Captain
I hate the little breaks on cricinfo..... cause usually when it doesn't update for a bit.. it means wickets fallen.
I keep pressing refresh.. thinking there better not be a wicket gone.
Cricbuzz is generally faster, and are more descriptive with their comments

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So glad I haven't been reading this thread - the vast majority of members posting here need to shut up immediately with the negativity and doomsday predictions and watch this absolutely fascinating Test Match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So glad I haven't been reading this thread - the vast majority of members posting here need to shut up immediately with the negativity and doomsday predictions and watch this absolutely fascinating Test Match.
Why let the cricket get in the way of a good moan :ph34r:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe this. We're gonna lose. :cry:
I find it totally believable to be perfectly honest & I don't mean that in a smug way either. I was genuinely surprised when Laxman was dismissed that many were saying its 90-10 in England's favor. It ain't over by a long way yet, but India definite favorites for mine.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Now do we see the great influence the referral system will have on the game?

The match may have just hinged on that one decision.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

I don't think anyone, twenty years from now, will look back and say, "you know what? I missed the times when umpires instead of the player decided the outcome of the games." That being the case, I don't see how anyone can be against improving decisions via technology.

shankar

International Debutant

The problem with hawk-eye there was that it didnt capture the turn after pitching. It would've still hit most probably, but it'd be difficult using hawk-eye for the prediction.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Theres no doubt that the referral system changes the whole balance from the batsmen getting the benefit of the doubt and to bowler getting basically the all wickets he deserves.

However, until its implemented in ALL matches (which I believe it should), we have to accept that the umpire will always look to give the batsman the benefit of any doubt, and Harper's always been tough on giving LBW's. I didn't see it, was it absolutely plumb to the naked eye?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Theres no doubt that the referral system changes the whole balance from the batsmen getting the benefit of the doubt and to bowler getting basically the all wickets he deserves.

However, until its implemented in ALL matches (which I believe it should), we have to accept that the umpire will always look to give the batsman the benefit of any doubt, and Harper's always been tough on giving LBW's. I didn't see it, was it absolutely plumb to the naked eye?
Nup it wasn't. Thing is Half the fielders went up for a catch and the others for the lbw so it looked a bit sus.