• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Erm.. because Yuvraj has only just been recalled, and hasn't even got out in the second innings yet!

I don't rate Yuvraj and I don't think he should have been picked, but selecting someone for one Test and then dropping them is height of absurdity. Obviously this doesn't apply if they were picked for the conditions or were an injury replacement, but this isn't the case with Yuvraj - he's been picked as a long term option. Whether you agree with his selection or not (I certainly don't) dropping him immediately would be ridiculous.
Neither Dravid nor Yuvraj are scoring much. The fact is, Dravid is a far more valuable batsman than Yuvraj, and if they lose this match and only Dravid loses his place, it looks silly. Dravid has played for his team, so why drop him in favour of someone around whom the whole team has to play?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Neither Dravid nor Yuvraj are scoring much. The fact is, Dravid is a far more valuable batsman than Yuvraj, and if they lose this match and only Dravid loses his place, it looks silly. Dravid has played for his team, so why drop him in favour of someone around whom the whole team has to play?
Because Yuvraj has only just been re-selected, as I said. You have to give him an extended run. There's no point ever recalling someone if you're going to drop them based on what they did before they got dropped the first time just one match after their recall!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting that the new ball is around 15 overs away. Btw, where are all the English regulars, Richard, Prem, Neil, TEC etc etc?

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Following this on cricinfo is so hard. Tension even though I have nothing to go by. Would kill for some radio of this.

Zinzan

Following this on cricinfo is so hard. Tension even though I have nothing to go by. Would kill for some radio of this.
You & me both. Can't believe BBC are being so tight with their internet radio & international viewers, presumably its a bandwidth issue

R_D

International Debutant
I hate the little breaks on cricinfo..... cause usually when it doesn't update for a bit.. it means wickets fallen.
I keep pressing refresh.. thinking there better not be a wicket gone.

Zinzan

I hate the little breaks on cricinfo..... cause usually when it doesn't update for a bit.. it means wickets fallen.
I keep pressing refresh.. thinking there better not be a wicket gone.
Could always be a 6 thats been hit to the nearest town :laugh:

Evermind

International Debutant
71.5 Panesar to Yuvraj Singh, no run, hello there! tries a reverse sweep but misses it. The silly point and short leg are surprised and oohs and aahs come out.
71.4 Panesar to Yuvraj Singh, no run, Ah interesting. Stumping appeal, referred upstairs. Yuvraj started to come down, Monty shortened the length and Yuvraj changes mind, turns back and gets his bat down in time.
71.3 Panesar to Yuvraj Singh, no run, turns and bounces in from the rough and Yuvraj lunges to defend and the ball hits him on the midriff

Cluelessness refined to an art form.