• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
have a look at the weather channels
The met service forecast has been rubbish all match. On Thursday they said it was raining when it was sunny. On Friday they said it was overcast in the morning and clearing, when it was actually relatively clear in the morning with regular showers in the afternoon. On Saturday it was supposed to be fine all day, yet the sun didn't peak out until 7:30, etc... Is there anyone actually in Dunedin who can comment on the weather?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Devon Smith > Chattergoon. Smith can catch as well.

Think West Indies should have taken Sammy with them. He could have played instead of Baker/Edwards and he can bat and field as well.
Not sure why Sammy wasn't selected but he didn't do too well in the just concluded LO season. Think his and Ramdin's inability to do anything against Australia when it was like 8 needed off 6 balls or something and they didn't even try to slog in an ODI.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's raining over the harbour, probably over the Oval as well. Fine where I am though, not that that matters, unless they want to play the rest of it in the Octagon.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Probably wont start at all today. NZ crickets fault for scheduling a test in Dunedin before Christmas. Also heard that The University Oval is built on what used to be called Lake Logan. So the water table is very high and thats a large part of why it doesnt drain well. That is genius.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Is it just me or is Jerome Taylor a dead-ringer for Flava Flav?
you saying all black people look the same :@

Jerome Taylor looks nothing like Flava Flav, maybe if he wore a clock round his neck, was in his mid-forties and had plenty of desperate females around him he might just start to look a bit like him.

Polo23

International Debutant
I would've chose the Basin but it is raining there.
Wouldnt it have made more sense to start in the North, and move to the South as the summer goes on? As i've said previously (and got torn to shreds for some reason) the weather in the North is generally warmer at this time of year, and then after Christmas the South is just beautiful.

They should start in Hamilton, move to Napier then Wellington and then Dunedin. What would be wrong with that?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
They should start in Hamilton, move to Napier then Wellington and then Dunedin. What would be wrong with that?
Makes sense, especially given that the New Yearsy ODI is played in Queenstown, would reduce travelling.

Also cleared up a bit.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Playing any game of cricket before Christmas in New Zealand is a recipe for an abandoned match. It doesn't matter where it's played.

If you're lucky then maybe there will be no rain, but in most cases there is, North or South.

Polo23

International Debutant
I still think the best early summer weather is at the top half of the North Island. Even if it is raining, atleast it isnt freezing cold.

To back up my argument, both domestic games at the Northern end of the North Island have gone through unscathed so far, into the 4th day at Hamilton and 3rd day in Auckland.

Last edited: