• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
England was astonishingly defensive today. I mean, with 7 wickets in hand, how'd you go without a boundary for 16+ overs at a time? It wasnt like India was bowling that well.
Must've been bizarre TSTL. I mean, England would almost certainly have lost wickets fairly quickly had they taken that approach, but I still reckon they'd have ended-up setting India more than they have done now. AND they might've got bowled-out to boot, so therefore if India had chased down at least they'd not have won after a third-innings declaration, which is obviously something no captain ever wants.

Mind, if the declaration is with 9 down, I think that's a bit different.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Something along these lines should go alright:

And I am well aware that you have a pic of Fat Sam waiting if we don't win a Test so...

Last edited:

pskov

International 12th Man
It would be fantastic if we could win in a nailbiter a la Edgbaston 05. Flintoff to take the final wicket with India needing only another 4 to win!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not going to happen with the wretched form he is in as well as the last few moments which he is spending before he will be dropped.
With a player as good as Dravid (was?), you never, ever, ever want to rule-out him playing a sensational innings. However long he's been poor for, he is always going to retain the capability to play a special innings from time to time and while this isn't sufficient to retain him in the side, it does mean that as an opposition you relax and think "well he'll get out soon anyway" at your peril.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Something along these lines should go alright:

And I am well aware that you have a pic of Fat Sam waiting if we don't win a Test so...
Bahh.

Out of interest, do you now consider England one of the best football teams in the world? I was accused of anti-English bias last night for suggesting otherwise.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bahh.

Out of interest, do you now consider England one of the best football teams in the world? I was accused of anti-English bias last night for suggesting otherwise.
Seems as we failed to qualify for the Euros, it's not a claim we can reasonably make, no.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bahh.

Depends how wide "best" is.

"Ten best" I would agree with, even taking into account qualifying fiasco.

Uppercut

Depends how wide "best" is.

"Ten best" I would agree with, even taking into account qualifying fiasco.
Ah, generally i'd say anyone who can make a genuine claim to be the best in the world counts as "one of the best". Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy for me. England have as good players as anyone but are always less than the sum of their parts and are yet to perform when it matters, whereas someone like Germany are the opposite.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India will win :)
Pah, hoped we'd have an optimist somewhere. :dry: Just hope his plain wrong predictions don't turn-out to be right through lucky chance this time.

Oh, and go and discuss your football somewhere else FFS. Move these damn posts to it to while you're at it.

Uppercut

Pah, hoped we'd have an optimist somewhere. :dry: Just hope his plain wrong predictions don't turn-out to be right through lucky chance this time.

Oh, and go and discuss your football somewhere else FFS. Move these damn posts to it to while you're at it.