• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

G.I.Joe

International Coach
256 required on the last day with 9 wickets in hand. Didn't think at the end of England's innings that we'd be here. Take a bow, Sehwag. You've converted an academic result to a genuine match.

Precambrian

Banned
Absolutely plum. Terrible shot!
He played his game and thrived. Hopefully the other batsmen too play their own game without worrying too much about the target. What an effort from the Champion opener!! From a position of no-hope, Sehwag has torn this game wide open. 250 in 90 overs tomorrow, the pitch is fairly in good shape, and hope we can pull this off.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is usually the length of time he bats
:laugh:

And scores five.

Great innings from Sehwag. If Ganguly was still at 6 rather than Yuvraj i'd feel a lot better about India saving this. It's funny how much less stable changing one player can make a batting lineup look.

Precambrian

Banned

And scores five.

Great innings from Sehwag. If Ganguly was still at 6 rather than Yuvraj i'd feel a lot better about India saving this. It's funny how much less stable changing one player can make a batting lineup look.
AWTA. I hope Yuvraj is given a go at the top, wouldnt mind if he comes in at No.4 and give it an almighty whack.

Xuhaib

International Coach

And scores five.

The YUVI could be useful in a one day style chase.

Uppercut

The YUVI could be useful in a one day style chase.
You'd think so, but he's a real strange one. It's not like in ODIs he only scores runs off part-timers then immediately gets out once a bowler comes on. Really you'd think that he could at least score as many as he does in ODI cricket in a test match against the same attack, bar one bowler in Panesar. To date, he never has, nor has he ever looked like he will.

Precambrian

Banned
You'd think so, but he's a real strange one. It's not like in ODIs he only scores runs off part-timers then immediately gets out once a bowler comes on. Really you'd think that he could at least score as many as he does in ODI cricket in a test match against the same attack, bar one bowler in Panesar. To date, he never has, nor has he ever looked like he will.
Yuvi has done decently against good bowlers also in ODIs, and not just part timers.

However, he gets away with the good bowlers because of over restrictions and almost never face a good long spell from a bowler like Flintoff. In tests, the story is different.

I want him to just think this as a tough T20 match and go bang bang, because he is useless trying to defend. He doesnt possess a good defensive technique, but has a good attacking technique. With the fields up, he can go for his biggies and get a fast 50.

Uppercut

Yuvi has done decently against good bowlers also in ODIs, and not just part timers.

However, he gets away with the good bowlers because of over restrictions and almost never face a good long spell from a bowler like Flintoff. In tests, the story is different.
Tbf, the England attack in the ODI series didn't have many part-timers, a luxury afforded by Andrew Flintoff. He'd be facing an attack like Harmison, Swann, Broad, Flintoff, Patel, and he sure didn't score a century solely off Patel. He has a suspected weakness against the short ball that England might look to exploit, but if they bowl as they did in the one-dayers there's no reason why he can't score just as well. But somehow, he never does, and never looks like he will.

I want him to just think this as a tough T20 match and go bang bang, because he is useless trying to defend. He doesnt possess a good defensive technique, but has a good attacking technique. With the fields up, he can go for his biggies and get a fast 50.
Let's hope so :)

What a match this has been. The bookies can't split the teams.

Precambrian

Banned
Tbf, the England attack in the ODI series didn't have many part-timers, a luxury afforded by Andrew Flintoff. He'd be facing an attack like Harmison, Swann, Broad, Flintoff, Patel, and he sure didn't score a century solely off Patel. He has a suspected weakness against the short ball that England might look to exploit, but if they bowl as they did in the one-dayers there's no reason why he can't score just as well. But somehow, he never does, and never looks like he will.

Let's hope so :)

What a match this has been. The bookies can't split the teams.
Thanks to Sehwag. The guy has singlehandedly raised India's stakes in this match from "Goneeee" to "Winnable".

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully the umpires can do their jobs properly tomorrow and England can get the wickets they earned. No way is this match even, England are still heavy favourites despite the openers being handed 2/3 lives each.

Uppercut

Hopefully the umpires can do their jobs properly tomorrow and England can get the wickets they earned. No way is this match even, England are still heavy favourites despite the openers being handed 2/3 lives each.
Tell it to the bookies. The quote i got had all three possible outcomes at 15/8. If you think England are heavy favourites, you could make a lot of money out of it :p

biased indian

International Coach
2/3 each which channel is showing the game in england..the match is played in chennai..hope its the same game they are showing you :laugh:

the 2 close decision i saw was one of gambhir when they showed the snicko later on was hitting the helmet

the sehwag pad up was a ball which was hitting the top of the leg stump...evne if refferal was there..he might not have given out

and for the decision they gave out finally...both Allan Lamb and David Looyd was saying could have been given not out

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks to Sehwag. The guy has singlehandedly raised India's stakes in this match from "Goneeee" to "Winnable".
The game was never gone. TBH, I always thought an India win was more likely than a draw. If India batted 110 overs then they could chase it down.

Precambrian

Banned
The game was never gone. TBH, I always thought an India win was more likely than a draw. If India batted 110 overs then they could chase it down.
Either you cruelly downgrade the English bowling, or you are joking.

The max score chased successfully in the last innings at Chennai is 155/8.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Re: Not out.

I did not see any of the LBW shouts so I cant comment

I didnt see the strange gloved catch to short leg so I dont know how obvious that was without replay, though I undestand it was clearly out on replay.

The catch at point was a good half chance.

I would also have given Sehwag out when he gloved the ball to Prior. I thought it hit something and it could only have been glove.

There were a good few chances. Some not taken and some not given. India (Sehwag) rode their luck but at least they attempted proactive cricket.