• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Athlai

Not Terrible
That sounded like it was dead out, McCullum padded up and the ball wasn't even hitting and they gave him out. Big spiel about how they were punishing padding up, that was going on to hit and not out!? ****ing umpires.

+Swann is gun.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They are not bad balls. It is Harmisons natural area and it is Sehwags favourite area. Doesnt take a genius to put a 3rd man in. And for all the negativity you are giving that attack, he was the most likely to take a wicket as the shots were powerful but seldom controlled. Sehwag took him on and with some luck it paid off.

What is more likely, a glide or cut to 3rd man or a drive through mid off when Harmison bowls to Sehwag?

You may not want to set a field for that bowling but then that shows a lack of awareness to the participants in the game. You would rather set a field for where the ball is not going to go?
No, of course not. I'd prefer Harmison to bowl in an area where he's not going to be constantly cut. Obviously, if Harmison proves incapable of doing that then the only sensical captaincy is to cover the areas he can bowl at.

My point was merely that it was the bowling, not the captaincy, that was erroneous.

If Harmison's natural area is short and wide, that simply makes him a bad bowler. I'm well aware that it nearly ended-up getting a wicket but as you know, I don't give a bowler any credit for a wide, short one that was cut in the air to gully.

Precambrian

Banned
Interesting, cricinfo suggested it was not out
:huh:

Cricinfo said:
16.2 Swann to Sehwag, no run, dangerous option to pad up to an offspinner just outside off stump, that one comes back in and Sehwag doesn't offer a shot, oh that looked very close but again Daryl Harper shakes his head ... spinning too much? Hawk-eye doesn't think so

Precambrian

Banned
Over Rate Alert (ORAl) - 15 overs to be bowled in max 30 minutes. With Flintoff bowling at one end, wouldnt be surprised England end up atleast 7 or 8 overs shot.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see us winning now that Sehwag is gone, we will need a special performance from one of the middle order, or Gambhir and such a performance is extremely unlikely since only Gambhir is in good form.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Is it just me or Dravid always has a 9-5 job expression on his face and even when he is doing well.