• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

GGG

State Captain
Yeah I am a fan of Gillespie, he may go for a few but i always get the felling that he could get a wicket any moment, that extra pace is also often needed to knock over the tail.

Polo23

International Debutant
This is crap. Why are we having our first test match of the summer in the deep south, when the early summer is generally best up north?

Flem274*

123/5
This is crap. Why are we having our first test match of the summer in the deep south, when the early summer is generally best up north?
With all the droughts down there (seems to be one every new week) we're pretty unlucky to strike rain.

Polo23

International Debutant
With all the droughts down there (seems to be one every new week) we're pretty unlucky to strike rain.
That's crap...it's been raining there since the West Indies arrived and it's been absolutely beautiful and warm up north.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that's complete crap. In December, its normally pretty horrible all over the country, with the dryest weather usually occuring in the South Island.

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah, that's complete crap. In December, its normally pretty horrible all over the country, with the dryest weather usually occuring in the South Island.
I take it you havn't been to the North in the last few years around November?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I live about an hour away from Dunedin and the weather's been pretty good for the last couple of weeks, had a couple days of rain but mostly been hot.

Polo23

International Debutant
I take it you don't realize November and December aren't the same month. :ph34r:
Obviously the weather gets better the further into summer we get. In the last few years the weather up North has been fantastic throughout November, and continued to improve throughout summer. I thought that would have been pretty obvious.

Polo23

International Debutant
I just think its rather hillarious for an Aucklander to be complaining about how much its raining in the rest of the country.
Beautiful hot weather here mate, has been for weeks.

And anyway, I wasnt talking about Auckland, there is no where to have a test match here.

99*

International Debutant
Auckland might have good weather atm but we don't get to have tests anymore, thanks to the ******** that live near Eden Park. :dry:

So, is it looking like any play today? Can't stand Sky, give as a bloody update already.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Obviously the weather gets better the further into summer we get. In the last few years the weather up North has been fantastic throughout November, and continued to improve throughout summer. I thought that would have been pretty obvious.
Yeah but sporadic rain happens throughout our country at a whim. Even the South during the last few summers has been incredibly dry.

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah but sporadic rain happens throughout our country at a whim. Even the South during the last few summers has been incredibly dry.
Of course, but I still think the North is a better place to have early season test matches. If only for the reason that it is far warmer.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
this is why you dont play test cricket in Dunedin.
GAGFC. Two weeks ago, I went to the funeral of the man who was the key man behind moving Otago cricket from Carisbrook to University Oval, thus bringing test cricket back to Dunedin. There are many things that officials can control, but the weather is not one of them. And, for the record, on average, Dunedin is second only behind Christchurch out of the four major centres in terms of annual rainfall. Throwaway comments from the likes of you can **** right off when they pale in comparison to the efforts made by my family friend mentioned before.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All tests should be played in the Sahara desert (a.k.a. The Hawkes Bay)

There'd never be a result, but at least the weather's nice.

Polo23

International Debutant
Telling contribution. Care to actually respond to the points I've made, rather than just rolling eyes?

a) no need to avoid the filter
b) GAGFC = go and get ****ed, ****.
If I cared to respond to the points you made, I would have responded to the points you made, rather than just rolling my eyes.

No need to avoid the filter? That's pretty ironic considering you just avoided the filter with that stupid acronym.