• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
The last few pages have all been about the referral system but I think its been a pretty good day for NZ really.
The main positives being Flynn looking comfortable at 3, and playing very well.

I thought Ryder looked the best of the batsmen. Didn't give a chance that I can recall and played some great shots. I think he has an unfair reputation as a smasher, but really he builds an innings very well, and seems patient enough at this level.

Taylor played a stupid shot but he was our best batsman on the tour to Aus, and also England, and also when England was here.

Our openers still look rubbish so we still have plenty of talking points and selection discussions to have here on cw.

Jakester1288

International Regular
half an hour earlier tomorrow
Don't really see that catching up much time, 16 overs are not going to be bowled in 30 minutes. Will they play a bit later in the evening if possible, or just the extended half an hour to the first session and that's it?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Start half an hour early and finish half an hour late. Anymore is generally considered too much for the players. Personally I think the players can talk to chopper about that...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A couple of things:

New Zealanders sure have mastered the art of choking before a maiden Test century.

Flynn, Oram, McCullum, Vettori, Ryder, and How all falling in the 90s in search of a maiden ton, off the top of my head. Add Redmond falling in the 80s when well set at Adelaide. And thats just the current/recent squad.

Secondly, why even risk the possibility of bad light? Surely an 11am start is safer?
I wouldn't really consider Flynn's dismissal as a choke. I do get what you mean though.

GGG

State Captain
I presume it has already been said, but the womble that thought starting at 12 was a good idea needs to find a new job. Cloud cover, Dunedin, you kidding me?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I presume it has already been said, but the womble that thought starting at 12 was a good idea needs to find a new job. Cloud cover, Dunedin, you kidding me?
Again, clearly you've never spent a summer in Dunedin.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha what? Even with the cloud cover it was bright enough for play IMO. Hell it was still pretty light out when I headed to the Robbie for a beer at about 8.30.

inbox24

International Debutant
Hey guys, last year I went to Dunedin and visited the old train station there. Anyone else been? Not many people there to be honest.

GGG

State Captain
On Flynns dismissal, do the batsman get the opportunity to ask for a referral if he thinks its not out?

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Always thought Flynn would do well higher up the order. He has that limpet-like quality some of our other batsmen don't. Good to see him start playing some shots too.

Good chance for Jesse to ton up. The guy is just great to watch. Batting looks so easy when he's at the crease.

Hoping Baz gets a big one too.

Craig

World Traveller
Do they still play cricket at Carisbrook anymore? My two memories of games at that ground was Matt Horne blasting a massive six in that unofficial OD game after the Test there was abandoned due to rain and in that ODI game between New Zealand and Australia were the students (IIRC) throwing stuff onto the ground after Brett Lee got Adam Parore out in rather controversial style. Then after the game one n00b slashed the Australian buses' tyres and left a threatening letter to Matt Hayden.