• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa close their 50 overs 185 for 2. Hashim Amla with an almost a run a ball century whilst Kallis made a rather more sedate 52 N/O but did take a fancy to Heal.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
O ****. Now only I realised it was a limited overs game. Poor batting from Kallis then. Selfish.
There are no fielding restrictions, they are playing with a red ball and I believe even if Western Australia took 15 overs to get South Africa’s total they will still continue playing -i.e the result doesn't matter.

Jakester1288

International Regular
How odd, thought Kallis would do a bit more than that slow, selfish innings.

Typical of Amla to own again, expecting him to have a decent series, but not set the world on fire.

pup11

International Coach
Why are they playing a 50 over game before a test match, they could have easily added this day to a practice match.

tooextracool

International Coach
What kind of game is this? Theres a bowler who has bowled 13 overs and the majority of the batsmen scored at less than an SR of 50. Yet this is a limited over game. I understand the value of match practice, but this seems like a pointless game IMO.

jondavluc

State Regular
They're playing another match, not sure if it's a 3 day match though.
Its two days.:)

Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
I think this series (apart from some serious heroics by some new Aussie cricketer) will expose the Australian cricket team finally to what it really is.. a bunch of mediocre players that fed around some greats that just happened to appear on the Aussie scene. We aren't godlike as a cricketing nation and if the saffies can come back against some determined English at home then I'd day they will wipe the floor with our attack.

Brett Lee is a joke, Johnson only slighly less laughable.. Clark is the only real threat and I'd say Mackenizie will nullify the new ball attack and then the middle order carnage will result..

Real pace from Steyne & Morkel will dissolve our batting line up as surely as Jones & Flintoff did in 2005. We haven't faced this kind of pace attack since then.

Looking forward to seeing how Hussey's average takes a dive when playing some real bowlers.. and then the strong batting line up taking a crappy bowling attack with no real spinner by the scruff of the neck and then exposing how weak we have really become.

Apart from that I want Katich to make runs and hopeing some new blood comes into the side.. get rid of Symonds he is a liability but Watson isn't really the best..

So many good cricketers languishing in domestic cricket. Time for a sweep out.

Sack Ponting and get Michael Clarke in there.
:laugh: Yeah right mate what ever.
How odd, thought Kallis would do a bit more than that slow, selfish innings

Pretty bad even for Kallis really ohwell its just a practice match who cares.

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
Because WA is due to travel to Vic. at the weekend, they're using WA today and a second XI for the two day match.

stphn

Cricket Spectator
While the contest is 50 overs a side, the match will not be played under normal limited-overs conditions.

Both teams will use 12 men, there are no limitations on the number of overs that a bowler can bowl and no fielding restrictions. The side batting second will stay on the field until 50 overs have been delivered whether they have passed the first-innings total or not.
This is being treated as a test match type conditions so that South Africa can get a bit of Practise, Western Australia has been great about the entire idea.

The South African batsmen where treating this as a test match batting and where not trying to score loads of runs. Amla has been playing well for a long time, Kallis is out of form and trying to bat himself back into some form, trying to slog it around and getting out wouldn`t have helped him much.

Kallis is getting a lot of stick at the moment, he is out of form this has been his worst year since his first two seasons. (2007 was his best year by the way at an average of 86)
from Cricinfo(Robert Houwing)"where once Kallis would routinely set out his personal stall at 40 for 2, he has more recently tended to take guard with the total nearer 150 or 200 (or even well more) and the requirement much more to "get a crack on". And getting a crack on, as the world knows, is not his strongest suit. So he has possibly been feeling a little like long-distance running legend Haile Gebrselassie would if thrust into the field for the 200-metre dash: suddenly strangely out of place"
Article found here:

He was always the man saving South Africa in difficulty now he is struggling to find his feat in a team that is doing really well, he will come back into form. And about his strike rate- we have enough big hitters and scorers in the team we don`t need Kallis scoring at 3.5 plus for us to do well, I would rather have him batting through the entire innings.

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
These sorts of games are always dangerous for bowlers while the batsmen can only benefit from the hit out.

I hope their bowlers recover so they can at least provide us with some sort of contest not the usual faint-hearted sort of duel they offer up against Aussie opposition.

stphn

Cricket Spectator
I hope their bowlers recover so they can at least provide us with some sort of contest not the usual faint-hearted sort of duel they offer up against Aussie opposition.
Hey you can`t say....... D*mn! I feel I should be offended but you totally correct.:dry:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Lonwabo Tsotsobe apparently bowled really well so at least that is a plus and hopefully with a decent outing tomorrow and Saturday he maybe able to overtake Cackdeki. Another plus will be the hiding Robbie P took which should kill off any faint hopes he had of getting a gig this tour. If Paul Harris crocks up then I suspect South Africa will just call-up another seamer.

Morne from the sounds of it could have bowled today but they were being cautious. Hopefully this isn’t like the Pakistan tour from when they reported it was just a minor injury and the next day Morkel required surgery and was out for months.