• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

howardj

International Coach
This will be a heavyweight showdown.

Steyn v Lee

Kallis v Ponting

Smith v Haydos

Box Office material.

Craig

World Traveller
This will be interesting. Kallis did not cash in against Bangladesh and has been out of form for a while, but something tells me that a player of his quality can't stay out of form for too long and will comeback to his best.

On another matter, why the hell do teams pursist with this fantasy idea that a 1 day game and 2 day game will be enough to play Australia? You need at least 1 FC (and make it 4 days instead of 3) before the first Test IMO.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This will be interesting. Kallis did not cash in against Bangladesh and has been out of form for a while, but something tells me that a player of his quality can't stay out of form for too long and will comeback to his best.

On another matter, why the hell do teams pursist with this fantasy idea that a 1 day game and 2 day game will be enough to play Australia? You need at least 1 FC (and make it 4 days instead of 3) before the first Test IMO.
Yeah, poor organisation, but perhaps they consider the Bangladesh "tests" to be the warm-up games.

I agree with you though. Considering how badly they seem to start series, compared to how well Australia do, they need to look at their preparation.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
At least our "warm up" series (with no disrespect intended to NZ) was played in country. There's a difference between being match-fit and being acclimated.

Uppercut

At least our "warm up" series (with no disrespect intended to NZ) was played in country. There's a difference between being match-fit and being acclimated.
Yeah, exactly. But being one of those is better than being neither.

Precambrian

Banned

Yeah stupid scheduling. India botched up the Melbourne test partially because of the lack of practise and conditioning to Australian conditions. They had a 4-day game scheduled with Vic, which was reduced to 3, and finally ended up playing just hours due to rain.

Uppercut

Yeah stupid scheduling. India botched up the Melbourne test partially because of the lack of practise and conditioning to Australian conditions. They had a 4-day game scheduled with Vic, which was reduced to 3, and finally ended up playing just hours due to rain.
Also they played Dravid as an opener in that game alongside Jaffer, resulting in the most painful innings i have ever seen. Australia are always quick off the blocks, home or away, and they've got to be credited for that.

Precambrian

Banned
Also they played Dravid as an opener in that game alongside Jaffer, resulting in the most painful innings i have ever seen. Australia are always quick off the blocks, home or away, and they've got to be credited for that.
No doubt they are. Except for the last series in India. A major area where India dominated them.

Uppercut

India RR - 3 (first 20 overs 3.5)
Aus RR - 2.86 (First 20 overs - 2.6)

Not sure what you meant tbh.
Ah, no i wasn't referring to their speed of scoring runs, just that they almost always play well from the word go while other teams often struggle to find their rhythm for a bit.

Also had something to do with the fact that India had not yet picked the legend that is Mishy.

Precambrian

Banned
Ah, no i wasn't referring to their speed of scoring runs, just that they almost always play well from the word go while other teams often struggle to find their rhythm for a bit.

Also had something to do with the fact that India had not yet picked the legend that is Mishy.
Well, certainly arriving a fortnight before the first test in India and playing 2 warm up matches (6 days in total) certainly helps. Don't forget Aus were bowled out for 216 in the first match by B-grade cricketers (RCA). And they didnt do too well against BP XI either.

But that's what professionalism brings to the table. BCCI were ignorant about the need for acclimatisation before a major tour as opposite to CA who ensured the players had 2 weeks to prepare for the series. India got about 9 days in Australia before the test series and 1 practise match, which was rained off.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Not CSA'S fault, they asked and were told where to go by CA...