• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A purple patch for NZ cricket?

Polo23

International Debutant
Do you know how long he'll be? I heard he was out for 6 weeks about 2 weeks ago

And btw did you know he only has 2 toes in one foot?
According to Mr. Jimmy Neesham he will make his FC return when Auckland take on West Indies on the 5th of Dec.

Yeah I did know that actually...his nickname is 'Marty two toes' isnt it?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ryder scored runs under difficult conditions in Australia and he's getting fitter every day, if he gets a flat pitch he could do murder TBH.

We could have a gun team in 5 years or so but injuries are a worry, I think while our batting stocks may be stronger than right now by a long way in that time our bowling stocks may be depleted. While our starting boys are class the back ups do need to be considered. Southee to be the next Hadlee IMO.... and knowing NZ's luck will break down like Bond.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ryder scored runs under difficult conditions in Australia and he's getting fitter every day, if he gets a flat pitch he could do murder TBH.
Definitely. I'm hoping we win the toss and bat at Adelaide, and then maybe we'll see him at his best.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I was relatively impressed with his running, for a big guy he gets the single through comfortably enough.

Polo23

International Debutant
For a fat guy i've noticed he is incredibly quick and nimble in the field. I don't see his weight as a big issue to be honest. The more test cricket he plays, the more weight he will lose anyway.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
And btw did you know he only has 2 toes in one foot?
:-O

Injury or birth defect?
Nevertheless, I imagine that could be quite a disadvantage with running etc, although I suppose if you have lived with it your whole life then you're probably used to it.

Flem274*

123/5
Nah, just everybody was saying ouch so I had to do an opposite.

Plus it would have made a good wound to look at too, or am I the only one who still likes to look at injuries like a 9 year old?:ph34r:

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Havent seen this Guptill play. Is he a dogged NZ opener, or a bit of a dasher or what?. Does he look the goods?, who does he remind anyone of?. Will try to catch a game or two this season.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Plus it would have made a good wound to look at too, or am I the only one who still likes to look at injuries like a 9 year old?:ph34r:
Not really interesting to look at. There's just no toes where there should be 3 really. You get used to it after a while.

Flem274*

123/5
Havent seen this Guptill play. Is he a dogged NZ opener, or a bit of a dasher or what?. Does he look the goods?, who does he remind anyone of?. Will try to catch a game or two this season.
He's a fairly normal opener really. Not expansive, gets himself and puts the bad balls away. Has awesome timing and looks class, unfortunately he's kinda the Daniel Flynn of domestic cricket atm. Can't get that run sheet high despite looking the goods (in one day cricket though he's excellent). Similar to Jamie How in many respects. Excellent fielder too.

EDIT: So, assuming Redmond was dropped, who gets the gig? I'd say the shortlist would include:

Matt Bell
Craig Cumming
Peter Ingram
Tim McIntosh
Cameron Merchant
Martin Guptill (only on potential)
Michael Papps (just, after todays 50)

Atm I'd actualy go with one of the top three.

Last edited: