• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think that is a big shout. The rules have only been like that for a short period. Im not sure we can say with any confidence that it is a good addition.

I personally dont like it (an additional artificial mechanism that dilutes the purity of the game) but Im not saying it cant be beneficial in the eyes of many.

What Im saying is, I dont see how you can say the it works.just fine when it has only just been introduced.
What I mean is, it works without quirks the like of which we've seen today.

I don't especially like it either, but there are worse ideas. Like 20-over cricket. :dry:

Anyway if there's one thing I hate even more than a 20-over-from-the-start game it's a game like today, where rain constantly interrupts the first-innings of a 50-over game. Utter waste of time, I always hope games are going to be rained-out completely when they are reduced to this ridiculous level.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, all teams do it, except maybe Australia.
No they don't. Even Bangladesh would be scoring at over 4rpo in this match. Mind you they'd be 4 down, but they'd still at least have a crack.

Anyway at least England have lifted the run rate now after that over. When you've got KP and Freddie in the shed why would you hang around? Play some shots, nothing to lose.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't quite know why Harby is that excited at bowling Bell, but I'm not complaining. Now we actually have a tiny chance of winning the game, as opposed to none whatsoever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't know why a) anyone is interested or b) anyone thinks England are going to win.

This sort of crap is a waste of everyone's time. Why couldn't this damn thing have been rained-off completely (or, ideally, not rained on at all). Batsmen can't bat, bowlers can't bowl. Pointless cricket.

Evermind

International Debutant
England's hopes rest entirely on Pietersen and Flintoff, I guess. Can't imagine anyone else stepping up.

Edit: Pietersen gone, game's about over.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Don't know why a) anyone is interested or b) anyone thinks England are going to win.

This sort of crap is a waste of everyone's time. Why couldn't this damn thing have been rained-off completely (or, ideally, not rained on at all). Batsmen can't bat, bowlers can't bowl. Pointless cricket.
Not waste of time for all those spectators who have patiently waited for almost 5 hours to get a game.

kingkallis

International Coach
All hail 'ALL' Shah bashers!

He has done much much better than all your hyped KPs and Freddies! He is playing gem os an innings here!

But yeah, its time to get him OUT!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was massive. Almost over the very top of the highest stand on the ground... making the wait worth it for the fans!