• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well there's nothing much else to talk about here. Plus I haven't caught up with Jono in quite a while so it'll be interesting to see where he's at.
Lol, I really hope that wasn't a genuine dig at us considering how often so much stuff goes off topic and random in CW Cricket Chat.
Haha, not at all, I don't mind and I doubt anyone else does. There are many more spam-esque things in CC (XI with names starting with F, fat XI, glasses XI, etc.) than discussions between you two. I just found it quite funny, hence the previous comment.

I did strongly consider putting a :p or a ;) in there, but thought it'd spoil the effect. In any case, I knew I could bank on you two to enquire and I'd confirm. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyway the good news is that the game will restart in 10 minutes (if it hasn't rained in the last 10 since that announcement was made) and the even better news is that, yet, no overs have been lost. EDIT: heh, beaten to it. :@

Hopefully we can get all of India's 50 overs in without another delay. And hopefully Sehwag and Gambhir can restart well.

masterblaster

International Captain
Haha, not at all, I don't mind and I doubt anyone else does. There are many more spam-esque things in CC (XI with names starting with F, fat XI, glasses XI, etc.) than discussions between you two. I just found it quite funny, hence the previous comment.

I did strongly consider putting a :p or a ;) in there, but thought it'd spoil the effect. In any case, I knew I could bank on you two to enquire and I'd confirm. :)
All good Richard :)

As I said, was just a spur of the moment type thing and I haven't caught up with Jono for quite some time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Daym, seems the start can't be as soon as thought. Looks like a few overs will have to be lost after all. :@

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah it has been a while hey. Used to chat heaps over MSN when I was only in High School lol. Still reckon you're harsh on Yuvraj ;)

Anyway I've just finished the 4th year of what is technically a 5 year Commerce/Law double degree, but after I finish my last few law subjects I'm considering doing my Honours in Commerce. Then we'll see where I'm at, either look to gain my Articles in law (now known as Traineeships, i.e. graduate entry in law firms) or perhaps Management Consultancy. To be honest even though I've been studying for 4 years I'm still yet to make my mind up.

Lol, I really hope that wasn't a genuine dig at us considering how often so much stuff goes off topic and random in CW Cricket Chat.
Sounds terrific mate. Glad to know you're doing well. A career in Management Consulting would be a great fit for you, but having worked so hard for a Law degree I'm sure you'd love to be able to go down that path.

Plenty of options and they are all good ones, so all the best! Have you done any Vacation Work or Internships yet? In Engineering, 12 weeks of Vac work was mandatory. Not sure about the other degrees. But doing those 12 weeks was definitely worth it.

Oh and I don't hate Yuvraj as such and I think he's a very talented player. I just hate arrogant cricketers and he personifies arrogance for mine. Much prefer the humble statesmen of my generation (ie. Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman and Kumble). :)

Precambrian

Banned
3 overs and another half hour delay. Them umpires seriously need to check their heads. Coz, after 2 hours worth of play lost, all they are planning to reduce is 3 overs! Definite surety that England won't even reach 25 overs of theirs before rain takes the toll again. And another match determined by DL method

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
3 overs and another half hour delay. Them umpires seriously need to check their heads. Coz, after 2 hours worth of play lost, all they are planning to reduce is 3 overs! Definite surety that England won't even reach 25 overs of theirs before rain takes the toll again. And another match determined by DL method
It'd be hard to base a system on the assumption of more rain.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just saw Sachin's wicket on replay. Big old nothing sort of a drive, wasn't it? Left a huge gap for the ball to come back.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh and I don't hate Yuvraj as such and I think he's a very talented player. I just hate arrogant cricketers and he personifies arrogance for mine. Much prefer the humble statesmen of my generation (ie. Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman and Kumble). :)
Haha, at the end of the day I'll always love the players you mentioned above more than Yuvraj, who is without a doubt an arrogant douche.

But I think my like for Yuvraj comes from the fact that he's:
a) attractive to watch batting
b) there's something about him that one didn't see in Indian cricketers pre-2000 for the most part (Kambli aside I guess).

His play of spin and the short ball is nothing short of embarrassing a lot of the time unfortunately. I still reckon he's a master in coloured clothing though.

Precambrian

Banned
Just saw Sachin's wicket on replay. Big old nothing sort of a drive, wasn't it? Left a huge gap for the ball to come back.
The break didnt help matters much for Tendulkar. He was struggling to get his concentration, and once he seemed set with a cracking boundary, immediately came the interruption.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Right, here we go again, another 30 overs, 3 of Powerplay to start now, and Flintoff to start bowling proceedings.

Lights on and in effect already.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This Powerplay situation is pretty ridiculous. If this game goes a decent course we will have a situation where England have been advantaged due to the way the Powerplays have worked-out.

And fifty for Sehwag, followed by a four which is first signalled six.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This Powerplay situation is pretty ridiculous. If this game goes a decent course we will have a situation where England have been advantaged due to the way the Powerplays have worked-out.
I'm not watching, but as per Cricinfo:
"This is ridiculous. India have no choice in the third Powerplay. Now England can choose all three. Very strange. And when England bat, they get the chance to pick the batting Powerplay. Thats just plain stupid logic. What is the ICC doing about such blunders?"

Can someone explain to me how the new powerplay rule works? Unbelievably I have not followed ODI cricket for ages, and hence I know the batting team can choose a powerplay, but what is the actual system? And why has the rain screwed this one up not allowing India to choose when to use theirs?

Precambrian

Banned
I'm not watching, but as per Cricinfo:
"This is ridiculous. India have no choice in the third Powerplay. Now England can choose all three. Very strange. And when England bat, they get the chance to pick the batting Powerplay. Thats just plain stupid logic. What is the ICC doing about such blunders?"

Can someone explain to me how the new powerplay rule works? Unbelievably I have not followed ODI cricket for ages, and hence I know the batting team can choose a powerplay, but what is the actual system? And why has the rain screwed this one up not allowing India to choose when to use theirs?
This will be a good start